PDA

View Full Version : HF airless spray gun -junk or not?

Rich Engelhardt
06-16-2015, 7:10 PM
I need to spray some B*I*N onto the interior of a bathroom wall. The wood smells real nasty and I need to cover up the smell.
We removed all the old rotten wood and flooring - - this is just the studs around the area that had been saturated for decades.

Anyhow - - I could use rattle cans of B*I*N, but, they run about $8 a piece. I figure I need roughly 2 to 4 cans.
I have a gallon of B*I*N and I thought I'd just buy the cheap airless gun, shoot the wall, flush the gun out with ammonia and hope for the best.

http://www.harborfreight.com/electric-paint-spray-gun-60446.html

Anyone use one of these?

I had a couple of Wagner guns in the past and while they worked ok, they broke real quick.

Myk Rian
06-16-2015, 9:30 PM
If it's anything like the similar Wagner (that got lousy reviews) I would look for something better.

Mel Miller
06-16-2015, 10:40 PM
For me, just the fact that it comes from HF would been enough to keep me from buying it.

Wayne Lovell
06-17-2015, 8:05 AM
If it is a one time use and you already have the material you plan to spray buy the HF sprayer, they have a 90 day money back warranty so if it does not work or breaks all you are out is the gas to take it back.

Ole Anderson
06-17-2015, 8:27 AM
I am looking at an airless sprayer, but I think I will go with the low end Graco (with a hose) magnum X5.

Rich Engelhardt
06-17-2015, 4:11 PM
If it is a one time use and you already have the material you plan to spray buy the HF sprayer, they have a 90 day money back warranty so if it does not work or breaks all you are out is the gas to take it back.Yep - it didn't make it through the whole job before it died.
I managed to spray on about a quart of material before it sputtered, spit and died.
Oh well. I hung onto the sales slip so I'll just chalk it up to experience and forget about this type of gun forever.

I am looking at an airless sprayer, but I think I will go with the low end Graco (with a hose) magnum X5.
Can't beat Graco.
I have one of their smaller units.
I didn't want to dirty the lines with pigmented shellac for such a small job so I tried the cheap vibrator gun.

Kevin Bourque
06-18-2015, 4:32 PM
I stay away from anything from Harbor Freight or Ryobi. Junk, pure junk.