PDA

View Full Version : Let's hope it's this easy

Charles Wiggins
06-16-2015, 1:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjCjvw3IKng

Jim Matthews
06-17-2015, 7:12 AM
They also have the automatic frame straightening jig.

At a small additional charge, the bowed wall remover
and rotted sill restorer are available in the same easy
to use package.

David Ragan
06-17-2015, 7:52 AM
LOoks like a good deal.

Last year, I paid Lowe's $60 each for two basment doors. Worth it. If theres a way to screw it up, I will find it.

Myk Rian
06-17-2015, 8:22 AM
The guy sure does a lot of "Oh woe is me" sighing.

Ole Anderson
06-17-2015, 8:37 AM
I actually installed one last year for a friend "up north". Must have been the 2 hour version. Not too bad. I do remember the orange clips.

Phil Thien
06-17-2015, 8:48 AM
My daughter bought one for her home last year. I removed the old storm door only to find that the previous installer had hacked away at the door trim, using a screwdriver as a chisel, in order to get his door to fit. A trip to Home Depot and Menards didn't help me find any replacement trim, the existing stuff on her door was slightly thicker than what was available locally. Which resulted in me coming here and asking for help finding a brickmold bit, so I could machine my own.

So the two-hour install was anything but.

The design of the storm door, though, with the extending plastic trim at the bottom (so you don't have to cut anything with a hacksaw) is very nice. And with the new, perfectly-matched brickmold in place, it looks real nice.

I look at projects like these as a bit of an adventure. My biggest problem with most of them is the impatience of people around me. The impatience of others is what often causes hack jobs. Patience yields perfection.

Charles Wiggins
06-17-2015, 10:03 AM
My biggest problem with most of them is the impatience of people around me. The impatience of others is what often causes hack jobs. Patience yields perfection.

My wife got on my case about some lazy susans that I was making for the upper corner cabinets next to the stove because it was "taking so long." I want to put a short rim on them to keep items from getting pushed off the back and sides. I was experimenting with steam bending vs. laminating thin strips to create the rim. She wanted me to just cut the rim profile out the the plywood I was using for the base and stick it on top so all of the ply layers would be visible. I tried to explain about the loss of usable surface and how crappy that would look. She got angry and said it didn't matter because we were the only ones who would see it. That was about two years ago. I think I'm almost ready to get back to that project now.

Charles Wiggins
06-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Actually, I didn't get the easy install version. I just ran across the video and thought it was a hoot.

Mike Circo
06-17-2015, 2:08 PM
Zzzzzzz.... *snork*.... What???

That was so soothing I fell asleep.
Did I miss something good?