PDA

View Full Version : Second laser has arrived but I'm a bit perplexed...

Walt Langhans
06-16-2015, 8:31 AM
Hey guys!

My second laser showed up today but I'm not quite sure how I should go about aligning it. My first laser had a casing (for lack of a better term) around the mirrors that looks like this:

And I would place the tape over the opening and do the alignment process. However the new lasers doesn't have the casing and looks like this:

So if I put tape on this it's pretty much going to be right on the mirror, which I'm not overly thrilled about doing. Anyone else have a mirror set up like this and if so, how do you align your laser?

Thanks!
Walt

hugh bunker
06-16-2015, 8:53 AM
I use the method described on the Rabbit laser website It works fine for me, 3 years on the original mirrors and no problems.

Mike Troncalli
06-16-2015, 8:55 AM
Do you have access to thermal paper? If so then that really is better... If you are using tape, just put another piece on the back of it to cover the sticky part...

Dan Hintz
06-16-2015, 9:06 AM
Two words... sticky notes.

Make sure the sticky lip doesn't touch the mirror, if you're concerned (though it won't really harm it and doesn't need cleaning). I have some 1.5"x2" notes of various colors that would work well.

Walt Langhans
06-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Awesome, thanks guys!

Bert Kemp
06-16-2015, 10:10 AM
you could also cut out a sq piece of wood with a hole in it a little bigger then the mirror and attach it to the mirror then use the tape on the wood frame.