PDA

View Full Version : Rabbitt Laser

George M. Perzel
06-14-2015, 6:13 PM
I have always read good things about Rabbit laser and Ray. I sent them an inquiry about a week ago, both to Ray and to Sales- no reply yet.

Keith Winter
06-14-2015, 6:17 PM
Same thing here. I emailed them last Monday to inquire about their lasers. Got a quick reply, to which I replied back that day, but I've heard nothing back from them in 5 days...

Bert Kemp
06-14-2015, 7:19 PM
You have to call them they are slow on email but pretty good on the phone. Much better talking to them anyway. Ray is on the road a lot , so call.

Roy Sanders
06-15-2015, 3:31 PM
Hi Bert.
So I thought I would test out my new signature

Bert Kemp
06-16-2015, 11:15 AM
So Keith and George did you try calling Rabbit Laser USA yet.

Roy Signature looks good, now when you ask questions we have a better Idea how to answer .

Keith Winter
06-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Yeah I called talked to Carole I believe. Waiting to hear back from her on pricing.

Bert Kemp
06-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Great Keith Carol usually is the person who helps me when I call, she knows her stuff and if its something she doesn't know she has a direct line to Ray.:)
The other thing I like about Rabbit is they put the prices of just about everything on their website so theres no guessing as to how much it might cost with this and with that.

Yeah I called talked to Carole I believe. Waiting to hear back from her on pricing.

Jerome Stanek
06-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Great Keith Carol usually is the person who helps me when I call, she knows her stuff and if its something she doesn't know she has a direct line to Ray.:)
The other thing I like about Rabbit is they put the prices of just about everything on their website so theres no guessing as to how much it might cost with this and with that.

When I was looking I saw the prices on their web site but when I got a quote from Carole she gave me a little better price.

Bert Kemp
06-16-2015, 12:54 PM
well there ya go, did you get one? are you happy

When I was looking I saw the prices on their web site but when I got a quote from Carole she gave me a little better price.

Jerome Stanek
06-16-2015, 2:49 PM
I needed it right away and they didn't have the one I wanted in stock so I went with Automation.

Patrick Smithwick
06-16-2015, 5:00 PM
I bought one from them last year. I have been very happy with it. It is much easier to call them.

George M. Perzel
06-16-2015, 6:53 PM
Hi Guys;
We are in contact and friend of mine is buying a RL 1290 from them for a single use production type operation. Seems like nice folks to deal with a willing to go into detail on the questions.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Bert Kemp
06-16-2015, 7:28 PM
Glad that worked for ya:)

Hi Guys;
We are in contact and friend of mine is buying a RL 1290 from them for a single use production type operation. Seems like nice folks to deal with a willing to go into detail on the questions.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Keith Winter
06-19-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm glad you've had such a good experience with them Bert. I hope it continues to be a good experience for you, but they were pretty unprofessional to us when we tried to get a machine quote. I won't go into details on the board, I'll just say I'm going to have to pass on them.

Bert Kemp
06-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Keith I don't know what to say, Rabbit has had nothing but positive feedback just about everywhere you look, and is highly regarded here on this forum by several respected members like Dave S for one.
I can tell you that my machine is built really well and so far works great.

Keith Winter
06-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Hey Bert, I appreciate the concern. That's the whole reason I contacted them, their steller recommendations on the board from you and a couple others. There are multiple things they did which were unprofessional that turned me off from them, but I'm not going to go on a tirade. I'll just chalk it up to maybe they are so busy with new sales and/or short staffed right now that they are not their normal selves. I saw a couple job postings on their site, so maybe that's it.

Bert Kemp
06-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Keith The one thing I have noticed on here is that every single Laser engraver company bar none has had unhappy people for one reason or another at some point. The very best companies noted for the best machines and customer support have had complaints on this forum So as the saying goes

You can Please some of the people most of the time and all the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time:D

Keith Winter
06-19-2015, 1:06 PM
Good thoughts Bert. I see Rabbit all the sudden started replying on here, and emailed me too.

Maybe a better quote is: If you need to get Rabbit's attention call Bert, he's got a direct line :D

Bert Kemp
06-19-2015, 1:20 PM
Keith I just think that their very busy and its very hard to keep up sometimes. Like I said in my PM I've been to their offices and warehouse and see them running around trying to keep up with all the phone calls and trying to get machines out the door. I was there for an entire day getting trained and getting my machine I got there At 9am and at 5:30 pm after I was done and they were loading my machine on my truck, Ray was loading his truck with a machine and going out that night someplace to deliver it. Personally I would never be able to keep that pace and be nice all the time, I'd be pulling my hair out and screaming at people.:eek:

Bill George
06-19-2015, 2:27 PM
I want to answer the concern about "job postings". We have hired a new receptionist lately. Her work has sped up our responsiveness a good bit. We also have a new technician. Jason just finished his degree at a local college. Jason has been working with us for about 4 months now. As with any good/growing company, we would be excited to add members to our team.

There is nothing wrong with being busy, good luck Ray!

Scott Marquez
06-21-2015, 2:20 PM
Hey Bert, I appreciate the concern. That's the whole reason I contacted them, their steller recommendations on the board from you and a couple others. There are multiple things they did which were unprofessional that turned me off from them, but I'm not going to go on a tirade. I'll just chalk it up to maybe they are so busy with new sales and/or short staffed right now that they are not their normal selves. I saw a couple job postings on their site, so maybe that's it.
Keith,
You are a very experienced laser person, so buying a Chinese laser from a U.S. source may not be for you.
For someone like me that is new to lasers and wanting to integrate it into a non standard industry (cutting fabric), it works for me. It is my understanding that Rabbit laser prefers to do the installs and training with the sale of the machine. I design and sew custom nylon gear as a second job, so there is "no spare time". Having Ray come to my location and get everything up and running was the best thing I ever did, it allowed me to start cutting fabric and get back to making gear, that's how I pay my bills.
I had seen my first laser earlier this year at a convention in Las Vegas, it was an Epilog and I was willing to plop down the money for a machine that was half the size and twice the cost. My saving grace was that it took 3 weeks for the rep to contact me, in that time I learned of the different machines and sizes.
I am very happy with my machine and it works great for cutting my fabric, which has been a big time saver that will pay for itself the first year. Although I don't do much engraving, if I have the opportunity to take on a job, I will always know that there are faster machines out there and I wouldn't be aposed to buying a Trotec, providing the job would support it.
There a lot a machine choices out there, I'm sure you will find the right balance of service, quality, and price.
Scott

Keith Outten
06-21-2015, 7:01 PM
Gentlemen,

The rules here prohibit anyone who has a financial interest in a company from participating in a thread or post that involves their products or services. Although some will disagree with this policy it is in this Communities best interest as it prevents discussions from becoming commercials. It also prevents the kind of legal challenge that happens when two competitors go head to head here which in the past has caused us serious financial burdens that come attached to warrants served from a Court.

Several posts have been removed in this thread do to this type of violation.