PDA

View Full Version : air mask

Roddy Thibault
08-14-2005, 11:04 PM
what mask do u guys like the best to spray with? I have a 3m and it hurts my nose after a few hours. I was thinking of picking up a binks mask.

Michael Gabbay
08-15-2005, 11:33 AM
I have an AO Safety that I got at Lowes. It uses 2 organic filters. It's pretty comfortable for me once I get it adjusted correctly.

Mike

Earl Kelly
08-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Roddy, I use a Survivair with hepa prefilters. Do you do pro finishing? I can't understand why you would be wearing a respirator for hours, if you weren't finishing large jobs or cabinets. If you do have to wear a mask for extended periods of time, I would recommend a fresh air full face system.

I dislike the 3m 'cause it always seemed small to me. Also, the Survivair has a silicone rubber type face piece and it comes in S,M and L.

You can get a good deal on ebay, you just need to know exactly what your buying. I purchased a case of 12 respirators for what it would cost for one at the paint store. Now I have a lifetime supply. Just need to get some more replacement cartridges.

Roddy Thibault
08-15-2005, 2:02 PM
yup I have a small bussiness that I spray kitchens for a small cabnet shop. most of the time I spray about 40 doors at a time and wear my mask even when I sand them in between.so I end up with the mask on for long amounts of time,I dont like fresh air system's(more hose's)

JayStPeter
08-15-2005, 5:07 PM
I dislike the 3m 'cause it always seemed small to me. Also, the Survivair has a silicone rubber type face piece and it comes in S,M and L.

The 3m also comes in 3 sizes. I just bought one at Lowes last weekend. The reason I chose Lowes is ease of return if I get the wrong size, but their price is also slightly cheaper than I found online. I haven't used it yet, so can't comment on comfort.

Jay

Earl Kelly
08-15-2005, 6:01 PM
Roddy, I don't know how old you are, but I'll tell you wearing a respirator for extended periods leads to lots of broken veins in your nose. My uncle who was a car painter had them and after 30 yrs of finishing I have them. Not that I'm out to win any beauty contests, just thought I would let you in on that little tip.

Since you've used the 3m you should try a survivair. Even though some masks have different sizes, to wear for a long duration you may have to try several to get one your comfortable with.