PDA

View Full Version : Drill Press

Bernie Weishapl
08-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Was visiting friends this weekend in Dodge City, Kansas. Well while the girls went shopping I went out looking. At the Do It Center I found they had the Delta DP200 Drill press on sale for $89. Since the only one they had left was the display model he told me they would give it to me for $69. I ask them if I could run it and see how it ran. He said no problem. We took it back and it was fine. Chuck had no wobble and had no viberation. I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price. So I got it. The lovely wife complained that I got a better deal than they did.

Bernie

Corey Hallagan
08-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Hey Bernie, great deal for sure! Enjoy it!

Corey

Dick Parr
08-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Great deal Bernie, you can't go wrong with that price. Enjoy your new toy. :)

Vaughn McMillan
08-15-2005, 4:50 AM
I have that same drill press Bernie, and I've gotten a lot of good use out of it so far. (I even have the same drill press vice, except it's a different color.) I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with it, especially for the price you paid. I'm thinking of ideas for a better (bigger) table for mine, but it's been one of those good (relatively) cheap tool purchases. Of course I'd love to have a full-sized freestanding drill press, but you just don't see those in the $100 range. ;)

- Vaughn

Ellen Benkin
08-15-2005, 1:26 PM
$69 -- what a steal!

Try Rockler for a table with a fence. I have one on a small drill press and I really like it.

Andrew Ault
08-15-2005, 2:11 PM
Boy, that's a lot of capability and a huge upgrade in precision for $70. A drill press makes a huge difference in the quality of my work.

I like the flexible light - I just bought a similar magnetic base Delta light for my Grizzly bandsaw.

Nice buy!

Bernie Weishapl
08-15-2005, 4:49 PM
Thanks all. I used it to make some holes this weekend. It works great and looks to be fairly accurate. I was looking to build my own table with a fence but will take a look at the one at Rockler. Thanks Ellen for the tip. I figured at that price that I couldn't go wrong. I love the extra distance from chuck to table at the lowest point which is 10 1/2" and the crank up table. The real cheap chinese one (gave $10 for it 9 yrs. ago) that this one replaced only had 5 1/4" from chuck to table at its lowest point. So I will take a 2 X 6 and make a drum sanding table for it. So I will now use it as a cheap drum sander. Thanks again.

Bernie