PDA

View Full Version : NH Creeker Meeting

Lou Morrissette
08-14-2005, 10:22 PM
On Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the League of NH Craftsmen annual Craft Fair at beautiful MT Sunapee State Park in NH. This fair features some of the finest craftsmanship that one could imagine. Of course one of the highlights of the fair for woodworkers is the tent display put on by the NH Woodworkers Guild were I had the opportunity to meet our own Dave Anderson. I also got the chance to touch and feel some of Dave's great Chester Tool Works marking knives. They sure are purty.

John M. Cioffi
08-15-2005, 7:09 AM
Lou,

Sorry I missed you. I was there on Thurs./Friday. I enjoyed meeting Dave & tried to get back to see him again;but my wife had me sooooo busy, I didn't find the time. I enjoyed watching him make the handles for the knives.
It was truely a great time. The artisans are all top notch craftsmen & produce really beautiful creations. We made a couple of purchases;but could not mortg. the house for the price of some others!
As usual, the time flew by.
John

Kurt Aebi
08-15-2005, 8:22 AM
Lou,

Glad to hear that you, too had a wonderful experience at Sunapee. It was a great pleasure meeting Dave and getting to see his work in person.. He is a great guy to talk to. Did you meet Roger? His 18th century pip box was a real treat to see first hand - as well as the other crafts being raffled off. Those guys do a real good job.

Were they turning green bowls when you were there - that demonstration was excellent. Maybe some other year, a bunch of us "Creeker's" can arra nge our schedule to All be there the same day and have an imromptu gathering!

Dave Anderson NH
08-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Sunapee was a great event and only made greater by getting the chance to meet with Lou, John, and Kurt. Having said that, I'm glad it's over though. I was up there for 5 full days and a sixth if I count the setup day. I'm plumb tuckered out.

We had our most successful fundraising raffle yet, just about $30 short of reaching $4000. As in all volunteer organizations, it took a lot of time commitment by a lot of folks to make things work. A total of 45+ people volunteered over 90 person days during the 9 days the fair was open to the public. 3 lathes were going at all times, 2-4 demos of other woodworking skills ran continuously, and 3-5 people were selling our raffle tickets each day. The only major job left undone is to call prize winners and send out the 30 different raffle prizes.

Lou Morrissette
08-15-2005, 4:20 PM
Dave,

Congratulations on the fund drive. Your Guild does a great job of promoting woodworking in the schools.
The Fair was great as usual and getting the chance to chat with you topped off an already super day.

Lou