PDA

View Full Version : Router question

Johnnyy Johnson
06-13-2015, 10:38 AM
I have a 5625-20 Milwaukee 3.5 HP router on my table. To remove the motor from the base there is a button to push that allows the motor to drop out. My button has gotten jammed up with saw dust. I finally, just before taking the base off the table got it to break loose. A lot of saw dust came out. The button, after cleaning the best I can still wants to hang in with the motor out of the base. I put a tiny drop of Break Free lube on it with no change. If I just push on the button just enough to get to release it works. A full stroke of the button hangs it up every time. Has any other owners of this router had this problem and what did you do to fix it. At the top of the shaft of the adjustment rod there is a hole. I am thinking put a pc. of duct tape over it. I dont think it is a air intake for the motor cooling. I am afraid to put much lube on it, because it may gum up. How can I clean the spring? Will take router out and clean after each project.

Thanks
Johnny

Jerry Miner
06-13-2015, 1:56 PM
I have two of those routers. That button has always been problematic (It got re-designed and "improved" a few years ago, but it's still an issue)

My solution was to put the router in a lift. Costly, but a great fix.

You might try something like white lithium grease on the button.

The hole is for accessing the height adjustment from above (when the router is mounted in a table)--no problem covering it