PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw question

Graham Taylor
06-13-2015, 5:48 AM
Hi,

What I would like to do is engrave a file that was supplied to me as a PDF (I have attached it as a CD V11 file), then cut out the outline shape of the hat and text (I have gone round it using my mouse but obviously need it a lot better than that) but cant figure out how to do do the outline trace neatly.

I think it would be straight forward if it was a bitmap but the original is a PDF so can anyone share a way to do this please?

Mike Null
06-13-2015, 8:03 AM
The PDF file is in vector format. No trace is necessary. All you need do is ungroup it and use your outline tool. You can remove the fill also. Altogether it takes less than a minute.

A PDF is an acronym for portable document file. It is essentially a briefcase for files to be transmitted electronically. It can be in many formats including bitmaps and vectors. You simply open it in Corel and click on the image to see what it is.

Tony Lenkic
06-13-2015, 10:35 AM
Graham,

You can do it two ways as you can see in attached file.
Top one is using besier tool and bottom one with applied contour.

Junior hall
06-13-2015, 11:14 AM
i can only view a pdf file i can not view a cdr or zip files for some reason I might need to down load some thing grrrrrrrrr

Tony Lenkic
06-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Can you import CDR file into engravlab?
Right click on the attached file and save in on your desktop than try import function.

Bert Kemp
06-13-2015, 12:37 PM
Junior you really need to learn how to google things before you say you can't do it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=can+engravelab+open+pdf+files&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8