PDA

View Full Version : Golf and deer

William A Johnston
06-13-2015, 1:00 AM
Me and a buddy played in a local FOP golf tournament today which is a scramble with a shotgun start. On our way to the 14th tee box to start our flight we just passed the 10th tee box and a Doe ran out of the woods and tried to jump our golf cart. It was unsuccessful and hit the passenger side and came in the cart and about knocked me completely out of the cart. I wasn't hurt and the deer ran off. Of course when we called about the accident they doughted our story. Thankfully the team on number 10 saw the whole thing happen, the pro told me he in all his years have never heard of a deer hitting a cart. We got a new cart and played the round.

Some days are more exciting than others.

Bill

William A Johnston
06-13-2015, 1:05 AM
Here a pic of the cart. No damage to the body just the roof.

Lee Schierer
06-13-2015, 7:36 AM
I believe that could happen. Two years ago a doe came running down off a hill and hit my Honda Pilot. It did over $2500 damage.

Larry Edgerton
06-13-2015, 7:46 AM
I used to ride a lot of single track and have had deer run into me on three occasions on my motorcycle. Never got hurt but as I did not see them coming it scares the out of you.

Shawn Pixley
06-13-2015, 10:33 AM
For the record, I don't care for golf and I am horrible. Full contact golf - far more interesting. Full contct golf with wildlife participation - more interesting still!

ps I am glad you are okay