PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw X4 and Windows 10

Duane Parcells
06-10-2015, 7:56 PM
Notice from a scan of my computer by Windows 10 says that CorelDraw X4 will not function under the new OS. Haven't seen any other mention of it yet but it won't be long if it is true.
Hope Hypervisor comes free with the new OS.

John Noell
06-10-2015, 9:36 PM
FWLIW, I have been happily using CorelDraw X4 with the Win10 tech previews. I got the same warning about X4 and Win10 on a Win7 box, but unless they change something in the final version of Win10, I don't expect to have any problems based on my experience to date.

Kev Williams
06-10-2015, 11:01 PM
I have no need for any newer graphics software than the old stuff I'm using. (My Casmate software is pushing 25 years old).
Nor do I have any reason to replace any of my working-perfectly machines whose combined ages add up to over 230 years.
I can understand the need for newer software for our ever-changing electronic needs, but as long they keep designing
new software that won't recognize my laser as a "printer", or keep building computers that I can't add a simple serial or LPT port to,
they'll never get a dime from me.

Like that matters.

Bill George
06-10-2015, 11:48 PM
The big push today is toward touch screens and video on demand and etc. Nothing is aimed toward the user that actually needs a computer to work, not just play games and go on Facebook. That is why a lot of people like us and corporate users hated to move from XP because it worked. I must admit Windows 7 is ok, but really anything I need to do could have been done on XP.

Mike Null
06-11-2015, 8:56 AM
If you want to preview Win 10 it's available here. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso