PDA

View Full Version : Antique sash fillister planes available

Frederick Skelly
06-10-2015, 7:11 PM
I was just cruising the Garrett Wade web site. They have small quantities of several antique tools, including some "antique sash fillister planes" and some antique molding planes. The fillisters are about $185 - I don't know if that's a good price or not, but I thought posting this might benefit some of you. (No affilliation with Garrett Wade.)

Fred

Tom M King
06-10-2015, 7:49 PM
I probably have something over a hundred molding planes, including some sash, and fillister planes-I do use them. Average price I've paid was more like 15 to 25, but most came with small packet shipping cost from the UK. I almost gave up looking at molding planes from here. It seems like most here have been in a barn for a hundred years, whereas ones from the UK that I've looked at seem like they've been kept in houses. I have them on my "favorites" page that opens when I check ebay, and many get listed every day.

I just bought a particular sash plane I've been looking for that matches some 1850 sash I need to make. Sure enough, it came from the UK. wwwdotebaydotcom/itm/351414424368?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT small packet cost has gone up a little over double the past few years, but the total price still comes out pretty good.