PDA

View Full Version : older bronze lie Nielsen planes

Brian D Smith
06-08-2015, 8:14 PM
I have an opportunity to pick up about 6-7 older bronze planes. Believe there is a #4, beading tool, shoulder, skew, a few different blocks and a scrapper. They are all in New condition as he bought two sets and didn't use these. I was wandering what you guys think of these?

Also what would be good prices on these? Most I believe are still produced so there shouldn't be a premium on them in regards to collectability...

Thanks and I'll be going back Wednesday probably as I said I needed to think it over.

Frederick Skelly
06-08-2015, 9:01 PM
Most folks love LN. Grab them if the price suits you.

They do seem to resell pretty high - going from memory, but seems like they often go for 80% of the "new" price. So you could go lookup today's model and calculate what they ought to be worth.

Robert Engel
06-08-2015, 9:01 PM
They're Lie Nielsens, what else do you need to know??

You can look up the prices and figure if you can get them for 75% of new then personally I wouldn't hesitate.

Kent A Bathurst
06-08-2015, 9:40 PM
No sales tax. No shipping. From a "known" seller, in terms of quality, they fly off shelf @ 85%. On the bay - 90%+.

Brian D Smith
06-08-2015, 9:49 PM
i would say they are from a well known person in my area. thanks for all the feed back. i'm going to head back and see what we can work out either tomorrow or wednesday!