PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Job Control, Where is material database kept?

Joel Ifill
06-07-2015, 11:28 PM
I have a Trotec Speedy 100, the previous owner gave me several files containing all the custom material settings, and machine settings. Only problem: I can't find where to put these files or where the materials database is kept. Browsing through the trotec install folder hasn't been promising, and even searching for a .dat file (what I was given) shows up no results.

Any thoughts?

Scott Shepherd
06-08-2015, 8:10 AM
Which version of Job Control is it? In JCX, you just import them and you're set.

Joel Ifill
06-08-2015, 12:21 PM
I have 9.4.4, I haven't seen an import option.

second question: Worth it to spend the $300 to upgrade to JCX?

Graham Taylor
06-08-2015, 1:46 PM
If I remember correctly, you have to open JC and then click on the cog in the bottom left hand corner (I think) and the import option is there

Keith Winter
06-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Another way to go about getting the settings.... We're on version 10 but in it all you have to do is open a saved plate any the settings come in tagged "import" did he by chance give you any plate files?

Scott Shepherd
06-09-2015, 8:05 AM
Sorry guys, none of that works in V9.X. The gear and the import features were all new to JCX. Joel, I did a quick look around on an older computer that has V9 installed and I didn't see any quick ways either and just a 2 minute look, I didn't see any obvious locations for it. I'll try to dig a little deeper when I get a chance. There's a folding table full of parts being engraved in front of that computer right now. Once it's cleared up later today, I'll try and spend a couple minutes and locate the directory if I can.

Mike Null
06-09-2015, 8:19 AM
My memory's not too good on this but I have 9.4 on my XP pc and I have the materials file but I can't recall where it belongs. It is somewhere in the Trotec folder but I couldn't locate it.

Have you tried tech support?

Update:

I just did a search and found this:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?198685-Trotec-JobControl-9-4-4-2-lost-material-settings

Ronald Erickson
06-09-2015, 4:47 PM
C:\ProgramData\Trotec\JobControl\9.4.4\TR_CO2_Mate rial.dat

The ProgramData folder is hidden by default so you have to enable "show hidden folders and files". You won't be able to search for it while the folder is hidden. I don't know of any way to import material settings into an existing 9.4.4 material.dat file. Most likely you can just replace the file with the one provided by the previous owner. Be sure to back up the file regularly.

I have yet to upgrade to JobControl X and continue to fight with the 9.4.4 version. I especially love getting into a loop where it starts popping up errors in a foreign language.

Joel Ifill
06-11-2015, 2:17 AM
C:\ProgramData\Trotec\JobControl\9.4.4\TR_CO2_Mate rial.dat

The ProgramData folder is hidden by default so you have to enable "show hidden folders and files". You won't be able to search for it while the folder is hidden. I don't know of any way to import material settings into an existing 9.4.4 material.dat file. Most likely you can just replace the file with the one provided by the previous owner. Be sure to back up the file regularly.

I have yet to upgrade to JobControl X and continue to fight with the 9.4.4 version. I especially love getting into a loop where it starts popping up errors in a foreign language.

Bingo this was it, I was searching in the programfiles trotec folder, but never thought to look in the wasteland that is the programdata folder.

Worked perfectly, thanks.