PDA

View Full Version : lasering in wrong place

James Rambo
06-07-2015, 6:54 PM
I have a problem with where the laser beam is engraving. A few weeks ago I noticed the page from Corel was larger than the laser page would accept. The page in Corel is set at 32" x 20" and the laser is 32" x 20". But the laser has somehow adopted a margin that I cant get rid of. Today I am using the rotary device for a batch of tubing to be engraved and the beam is hitting about a 1/4" from the center of the tubing. Has anyone had this problem? Did it get fix? How?
I will be calling Epilog tomorrow I think.

AL Ursich
06-07-2015, 7:45 PM
Saw another post either here or at EngravingEtc about the margin problem someone else was having and it had a bunch of info and I think they even called epilog.

James Rambo
06-07-2015, 8:10 PM
I believe that was my first post about this problem. May 22. I just looked at that thread again and found a post after my last that suggested how to possibly repair this I will try it now.

Jeanette Brewer
06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
James,

If that potential solution doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll ask my Corel gurus here -- better yet, though, just call/email/chat tech support in Golden. They'll be able to help.

James Rambo
06-08-2015, 4:50 PM
I needed to use the rotary today. I fond that it was more of a problem than the flat table problem is. After trying to find the fix this morning, I talked to a tech at Epilog. After my explanation of the problem with the rotary being off a 1/4" top to bottom and 5/8" left/right he got me steered in the right direction for the fix. It was in the calibration menu that I was a little reluctant to change the numbers as largely as they need to be changed.but is a lot better now if not exact.
service - calibrate - change numbers
options - save settings
turn off and on the laser
test
repeat 10 time or more till correct

Thanks every one for the possible solutions.