PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Galley Cart

Kent Adams
06-07-2015, 1:57 AM
So I came across this thing on Craigslist and trying to figure out if I could use it for something. I like that its rugged and narrow and perhaps there would be some use as a rolling cabinet, just not sure what I could reasonable put in it. Appreciate any ideas folks have.

Malcolm Schweizer
06-07-2015, 6:32 AM
That is a nice score! Boeing sells them for $1600 and up. http://www.boeingstore.com/Boeing-Galley-Beverage-Cart/dp/B00OAB0BTA?field_availability=-1&field_browse=10809202011&id=Boeing+Galley+Beverage+Cart&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=10809202011&searchPage=2&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

perhaps a router or drill bit storage with slide-out trays? Maybe sandpaper storage?

Jim Matthews
06-07-2015, 6:32 AM
It doesn't have to be used in the displayed position.

Turn it on its "back" to hold long clamps.

Put "shelves" in it to store short offcuts.

Frederick Skelly
06-07-2015, 7:20 AM
Wow. Wish I'd found that! What a neat find!

If it were mine, I'd put some pull out shelves in it and make it a mobile tool chest for tools I use the most or use at the assembly table, to save me some steps. I'd have a block plane, a flush cut saw, a mallet, a couple paring chisels, my glue, small wedges, most-used screws, my corded drill and a few bits, a countersink - that sort of stuff. I might even screw a board to the top that overhangs 2" on each side and hang a few clamps from it (if that doesn't make it top heavy).

Let us know what you decide to do.
Fred

Bruce Page
06-07-2015, 1:25 PM
That's something you don't see in the wild very often!
You could make slide out tray shelves for screw hardware. It would hold a lot of hardware.

Malcolm, that's an interesting website.

Kent A Bathurst
06-07-2015, 1:34 PM
Dude.........Really? You need to know what to do with it? :confused:

Get a gazillion little , tiny bottles of liquor and fill it up. :p