PDA

View Full Version : Boice Crane Monomaster 10" ts.....any info?

John McBride
06-05-2015, 9:17 PM
Hi guys,
I'm posting tonight because I have run across a Boice Crane Monomaster, 10" /3/4" arbor, aftermarket 2hp motor. Original fence, and looks to be in serviceable condition. Asking price from the current owner is $500.

I'm leery because there are zero replacement parts available for this saw it seems. Also, I seem to recall that someone mentioned that dialing in this saw during a tune up is a bit of a bear. That the alignment of the blade/arbor/miter slots is tough due to there not being much, if any, adjustability. (Something tells me this was in the early stages of the production run and "may" have been addressed in later iterations, confirmable?)

In any event, I'm curious if any of you know about the saw, or actually have one in captivity? I've been to the usual vintage iron sites and read what little about this saw was there. Any help is appreciated!

Rick Lizek
06-06-2015, 9:26 AM
Go to owwm for old machine questions. There was a place that was supporting BC parts.

Jamie Buxton
06-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Well, if you really love old cast iron...

But functionally there are alternatives. You can buy a brand-new Grizzly hybrid for only a little more money. New, with all the parts, and with a riving knife. Or you can buy a used Unisaw. Around here, they generally run less than $1000. $500 if you have 3-phase.

John McBride
06-09-2015, 7:00 PM
Well, thanks guys. I appreciate it.