PDA

View Full Version : You have been warned...

steven c newman
06-05-2015, 10:19 AM
40 yard sales this weekend, and stuff coming in the mail......Just saying.....

Update as needed..."The Game is a-foot, Watson! ":D

Kees Heiden
06-05-2015, 4:08 PM
You rather then me :)

Evan Ryan
06-05-2015, 6:11 PM
Steven, are these specifically tool having sales, or are you just generally garage sailing?

i look for woodworking tools in estate sales online, and sometimes CL.

I'm wondering if there's a garage sale aggregator with a search function?

steven c newman
06-05-2015, 8:36 PM
When I have to take the other half along, it is just "normal" Garage saling...

However;
spent $15 on a tool box, why??
It was packed with toys..er...TOOLS.
The handled one was in the tool box, the non-handled ones cost about fifty cents, for the pair, seems there was a large handful of other items with the two heads
Brought that total up to...$2
Seemed to be a day for hammers, even turned down a few, this one was $4
went to another village wide sale, stopped at ONE sale ( thunderstorm was a-coming in) and spent....$2.50 for these
Brace is a Stanley 923 10in.-Y and there is even a Pat. No. on the chuck. Thorsen 1/2" drive ratchet ( there wasn't any in the tool box) The 1/8" Sash Chisel is a Buck Brothers. Still cleaning the nail puller thingy.

Got a handle for the hammer head ( $6.25!!!) and got it installed in the hammer
Now, note this pile of screwdrivers?
I love them wood handled ones, the Phillips tip is 6" long, but.....ever see a screwdriver like that wee one? Just had to have it, for some reason...

Ok, Day One is done, I am tuckered out. Sales will start again @ 0800 hrs tomorrow, so I had better get rested up. Not too bad a day, though...Even had a package come in the mail, too!

Stay tuned to this Batty Channel.....

Evan Ryan
06-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Killer...waiting for tomorrow

Jim Matthews
06-06-2015, 7:12 AM
I wonder if commercial airlines adopted GPS to avoid
the Bellefontaine anomaly where a magnetic compass
would just go wild...

It's not hoarding until there's a single pathway through the basement.
It's just 'collecting' until then.

steven c newman
06-06-2015, 6:24 PM
Not that great a day.....late start, things were a bit picked over..

Makita Recipro saw, and a 1/2" chisel, and a straight bladed screwdriver.....$10.

The "Boss" got an Electric stove/oven....$50
She also picked up a rocker for $35
I picked a pair of tires for the van. Be good to have as spares.....$5 for the pair. Not even close to the wear bars yet.

Oh, and picked a small bike for the 6 yr old grandson.....$1

Not too bad a day, even the cloud went away.

steven c newman
06-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Have since ordered the blade clamp parts for the Makita Recipro saw. I can get the set screw locally. 1/2" chisel has been refurbbed. It needed to be straightened, sharpened, and the handle cleaned up. The screwdriver needed some work as well
The $10 saw. The rest of the second day's booty?
Oh, and that handle for a panel saw? $0.25.
So, anyone know who might have made a handle like that? It is an "open top" style. Lots of carving on the handle, too. Three bolt holes, one for a medallion.
Wife has already used her "new" stove and oven. New rocker has it's new seat pads in place. GrandBRATS will be showing up later to try out their "new" bikes. Yep, got one for the 10 yr old as well.

I think I'm done for this weekend...

Doug McKay
06-07-2015, 3:05 PM
That cute little screwdriver you purchased, it's more than likely a Goodell Pratt No.278 Rosewood Handled Pocket Screwdriver. I just paid over $10 dollars for one of those, Lucky guy! The saw handle looks like a Simonds handle, they like to use the wheat leaf etch that originates from the center out.

steven c newman
06-08-2015, 1:18 AM
Have since cleaned a few things up
Those bits, and a couple c clamps. Some of the spurs are about shot.
The H Boker Needle nose 6" pliers cleaned up nicely. The Diagonals also cleaned up nice, but they were from an earlier weekend sale.
Largest of the bits is a 16, and there is a 15 as well. The little ywist drill is a "4"