PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 10-325

Steve Mikkola
06-04-2015, 8:21 PM
Hi Guys
I'm a newbie and I have a rikon BS 10-325. I'm thinking on putting a new set of guides from Carter. Somewhere I heard that the bottom does'nt fit right and the smallest blade would be 3/8 or 1/4. Can you guys help me on this and which # fits the saw.

Steve Mikkola

Matt Day
06-04-2015, 9:25 PM
You'll have better luck if this thread is in General WW'ing and power tools. Ask a mod to move it.

Curt Harms
06-05-2015, 8:58 AM
I don't know about Carter guides. I have a 10-325 and didn't care for the factory bearing guides either. I can't see how a bearing style guide can work well with narrow blades - there's little metal in back of the teeth to bear on and guide bearings running on the teeth don't do the blade's teeth any favors. I read elsewhere about retrofitting guide blocks. Here's what I did and so far so good. I used some sort of tropical hardwood soaked in mineral oil. I've also heard of people using brass or hard plastic. I have some Corian scraps I may experiment with. You want something fairly hard but softer than the teeth so they can cut into the guides if necessary.