PDA

View Full Version : This is interesting news...

Michele Welch
06-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Just saw this on my news feed...

http://www.signweb.com/content/rowmark-acquires-johnson-plastics#.VW5tI8eCOK0

Rowmark is acquiring Johnson Plastics.

Keith Winter
06-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Interesting.... wonder if other suppliers will slowly drop rowmark from their lines now.

Sara Gould
06-03-2015, 12:38 AM
Depends on how good a deal they give/continue to give the suppliers. But seems very likely Johnson Plastics will quickly drop other materials, like IPI...

Kev Williams
06-03-2015, 12:41 AM
I don't know about that-- but I'm pretty sure I won't be getting IPI plastic from the JohnsonMark store (and there goes THAT bookmark)

Ruben Salcedo
06-03-2015, 12:45 AM
I don't think they will cut themselves from selling to other suppliers, I think is more about marketing their new UV Printer (http://www.govividusa.com/).

Mike Null
06-03-2015, 7:56 AM
Johnson and Rowmark have been unusually quiet about this development but I agree with Ruben. I would guess that they will function as a more or less independent distribution operation as they are today. Johnson's is a very well run, highly regarded supplier to the engraving and sign industry. Rowmark would gain nothing by changing Johnson's formula.

I have used them as my exclusive plastics supplier since I started in business and last week bought a Virtuoso sublimation printer from them.

Mike Null
06-03-2015, 9:36 AM
Just a quick update. Wes Mitchell of JP just sent a PM confirming that Johnson Plastics will continue operations as in the past and Mike Johnson will remain as president.

That's expected news especially since Rowmark is involved. Their reputation parallels Johnson as premier companies in both product and customer relations.

Scott Shepherd
06-03-2015, 10:16 AM
I hope they don't decide to stop selling Rowmark to JDS now.

Steve Morris
06-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Kev, I think you will find that Rowmark own the IPI trademark so it shouldn't change.

Chris DeGerolamo
06-03-2015, 12:57 PM
I hope they don't decide to stop selling Rowmark to JDS now.

I'd be Seriously out Of Luck

Ruben Salcedo
06-03-2015, 2:09 PM
We just herd word that not much is going to change in regards to product lines and vendors with JP, except some exciting additions that are a mystery right know, which is going to be reveal in a couple of months.