PDA

View Full Version : Leg turning

Chris Barton
08-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Hi All,

Attached is a pic of my latest work, a curley maple coffee table. I turned the legs and this is an example of a question that came up earlier in the turning forum regarding using duplicators to turn multiple legs. I hand turned these 4 legs and you can't look at them and tell a difference. I think a duplicator might be a nice item to use if you had to make many parts identically but, for making legs and such it is faster and easier to turn them by hand. If done reasonably well your eye won't be able to detect individual differences between the turnings.

Thanks,

Steve Clardy
08-13-2005, 2:55 PM
Nice table. Nice legs!!

John Hart
08-13-2005, 9:26 PM
Beautiful work Chris. I've found for me, to get a good match, I just make one.:)

Jerry Clark
08-13-2005, 9:30 PM
I bet no one told you that you have nice legs--:rolleyes: Great job and nice table also.:cool:

Ernie Nyvall
08-14-2005, 8:30 AM
Nice work John! I'd like to see the whole table though. It's beautiful though from what I can see.

Ernie

Chris Barton
08-14-2005, 8:47 AM
Thanks Everyone,

More pictures of the table can be seen in the general woodworking section under "curly maple sofa table"

Bill Stevener
08-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi Chris,

That is one outstanding looking coffee table. The turned legs really set it off. One of the challenging parts, and I find most rewarding, is repeat ( duplicating) turning. It shows you have mastered that.

Very very nice, Bill,>>>>>>>>>>>:)