PDA

View Full Version : Thin Cork supplier?

Scott Shepherd
06-01-2015, 9:21 PM
Anyone have a wholesale source for thin cork with adhesive on it? They sell some "shelf liner" in the box stores and seems perfect, but I'd like to find a wholesale source for something like that. I can find .8mm cork for about $6 a sheet, but with adhesive, they want $35 per sheet. Almost $30 to put a sheet of adhesive on seems really steep.

Anyone got a source? I need a fair amount of it.

Lee DeRaud
06-01-2015, 9:40 PM
Well, you could buy the double-side 2mil adhesive in sheets and do it yourself, but I doubt that would be any cheaper. I used to get it from Johnson Plastic (IIRC) for use with wood veneer.

When you say "fair amount", how much are we talking about? I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find a wholesale source for the shelf-liner rolls in case or pallet quantities. (Uline maybe?)

Scott Shepherd
06-01-2015, 9:47 PM
Yeah, I have the ability to put the glue sheets on the cork as well. I can run it through one side of our laminator and get it all on the if needed. I'd much rather buy it already done, but if all else fails, I guess that's what I'll have to do.

I probably need 10 rolls of the shelf liner type for this first run and after that, the amount is going to increase substantially. I'm doing sizes that are in the 4" sq. range and the next project is more like 20" x 14", so those are going to take a lot of material.

Lee DeRaud
06-01-2015, 9:50 PM
I can find .8mm cork for about $6 a sheet, but with adhesive, they want $35 per sheet.How big is that "sheet"?

Lee DeRaud
06-01-2015, 9:53 PM
I probably need 10 rolls of the shelf liner type for this first run and after that, the amount is going to increase substantially. I'm doing sizes that are in the 4" sq. range and the next project is more like 20" x 14", so those are going to take a lot of material.Cheapest I'm seeing is the Contact shelf stuff for $6 on Amazon...$1/sqft. Everywhere else is more like $1.50/sqft.

Scott Shepherd
06-02-2015, 8:13 AM
How big is that "sheet"?

Sorry, it was $30.43 a sheet with the adhesive, $6.92 a sheet without. The sheets are 2' x 3'. I'd really like to find some wider and longer rolls, maybe 48" wide by 100 ft. long or something.

Jeff Belany
06-02-2015, 10:35 AM
I have bought from Atlantic Gasket Co. Get 36" wide rolls w/PSA. I believe their minimum order is 50 sq. yds.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Jeanette Brewer
06-02-2015, 2:47 PM
I haven't bought from them nor have I priced their products but you might check the cork supplier we have on our supplier list here --> http://www.corkstore.com/

Lee DeRaud
06-02-2015, 2:51 PM
I haven't bought from them nor have I priced their products but you might check the cork supplier we have on our supplier list here --> http://www.corkstore.com/Their product line seems to be biased heavily toward bulletin boards and industrial apps: about the thinnest stuff I saw there is 6mm...did I not look in the right place?

Jeanette Brewer
06-02-2015, 3:25 PM
I'm sure you're right, though it might be worth an email/phone call to them?

I'm not encouraging anyone to buy from them, simply adding them to the mix of suppliers since they're on our (and Epilog Laser's/corporate) "supplier list" under cork.