PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mandy .....

Paul McGaha
05-31-2015, 3:53 PM
for being such a wonderful family dog. She lived to be almost 14, just a couple of months short. We had the privilege of her living with us for about 13 years. I think it really would be hard to find a sweeter or gentler dog. She lived mostly a healthy life but developed mobility issues in this last year. She got to the point where she could no longer stand this week and it was decided to put her out of her suffering today.

I know from what I've read here that there are many that have gone thru days like today. On one hand it is very sad and she will be missed very much. But on the other she was in a great deal of pain and now she's pain free, and we're thankful for that.

She was a great dog.

PHM

daryl moses
05-31-2015, 5:33 PM
So sorry for your loss.
We have two inside dogs and they are our babies. It will be a sad day when they are no longer with us.
I'm sure Mandy had a great home and was well taken care of.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-31-2015, 5:44 PM
Paul,

my condolences for the loss of your canine friend.

Frederick Skelly
05-31-2015, 6:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Paul. Remember her fondly and every time you do, she'll be with you again.
Fred

Bruce Page
05-31-2015, 7:09 PM
Paul, I'm sorry for your loss. She brought joy to your life as you did to hers.

George Bokros
05-31-2015, 7:24 PM
Deepest condolences in the loss of your family member. We have had seven dogs over our marriage. Five are gone but not forgotten and we still have two. It will be a sad day when these last two are gone. One of them is 13 yrs old, his brother had cancer and we had him put to rest. We had another dog with cancer and we got him chemo and he lived another five years.

One of our current two is an American Eskimo, the 13 yr old guy, and the other is a mix of German Shepard and Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Take care good friend and may you find comfort during your time of loss.

Doug Ladendorf
05-31-2015, 7:44 PM
Deepest sympathies Paul. I've been there and know exactly how that feels. Such a very difficult decision to let go. Thank you for including a photo of Mandy. She looks like a great dog and then some. Celebrate the blessing of time you had together, and will again.

Doug

Paul McGaha
05-31-2015, 7:48 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. It's helpful.

PHM

Jim Matthews
05-31-2015, 7:54 PM
I have two dogs.

One I chose, one that chose us.
They drive me bonkers.

Keeping track of the fur alone is a full time job.
I haven't had more than a third of the bed to myself
in nearly a year.

They go berserk when a mouse farts in the yard next door,
and ignore the doorbell.

I will miss them terribly when they are gone.

My heart aches for you, and you're a Saints fan.

I know I will cry like a Man when the time comes.

Jim

Sean Troy
05-31-2015, 8:03 PM
So sorry for your loss. We've been heartbroken before for those reasons but so much enjoy their companionship we have 2 more pound rescues that are just sweethearts.

Jay Aubuchon
05-31-2015, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It has been 8 years since the last time we had to make that decision. Although I'm sure it was the right choice, it still hurts a bit.

Jon Nuckles
05-31-2015, 11:08 PM
So sorry for your loss, and for your having to make that difficult decision. She lived a full dog life and it sounds like she had a worthy human companion.

Lori Kleinberg
05-31-2015, 11:27 PM
Paul, sorry for your loss. We have been there before, always say that's it, can't do this anymore, but then end up missing the companionship of a pet. We are again nearing that time with our Chihuahua. She has driven me crazy from the day I brought her home at 8 weeks. Now she is approaching 14.5 years and I know I will miss her terribly.

Rod Sheridan
06-01-2015, 9:21 AM
Paul, sorry to hear of the loss of Mandy, glad you had so many good years and fond memories.

regards, Rod.

Raymond Fries
06-01-2015, 12:57 PM
so sorry to hear about your friend passing on. may all of the good memories be comforting for you and family.

Kent A Bathurst
06-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Paul -

This thread got overlooked in the scramble here in atlanta.

Deepest respects & sympathies. Please pass along to Frannie for me, if you would be so kind.

The age-old line describing life in Washington DC: If you want a friend in this town, get a dog. There is a reason that observation on life works so well, eh?

God Bless.