PDA

View Full Version : Bessey K Body Parallel Clamps-Old vs New (Revo) ??

Jerry Olexa
05-31-2015, 3:38 PM
Have a chance to buy a bunch of the now "older" Bessey K Body parallel clamps for a reasonable price..I've seen the newer REVO version and know the improvements...Is there really a significant difference in actual use between the two versions?? Considerable cost savings in buying the older, traditional version. What do you guys think? Anxious to hear your opinions......You can never have enough clamps:). Thanks

glenn bradley
05-31-2015, 5:12 PM
I want to save you from making a horrible mistake :-) send me the guys name and address and I'll get all those nasty old clamps out of The used market place. Actually I would pick up any original K body style clamps I could get my hands on. But that's me, I enjoy that style of clamp, it is my favorite clamp. This is not true for everyone.

Bill Neely
05-31-2015, 5:13 PM
I don't have any Revo clamps to compare but I love my old style Besseys. I'd buy more if I could get them at a discount.

ken masoumi
05-31-2015, 5:28 PM
Last year I bought 6 Bessey K body old style clamps for $70 ,those who owned the newer type couldn't come up with any significant difference between theirs and mine other than the handles on the new ones are easier to grip/twist.
I would jump on the deal and buy them all, if you are not happy with your investment you could always sell them for the same price if not more.

Jerry Olexa
05-31-2015, 7:24 PM
I figured you guys would be loyal to the ones you've used over the years....Agree and understand....When the new Jet clamps came out few years ago, I bought 4 to try..I found them easier for me to work with than the Besseys but the Besseys are the leader of that industry..Thanks for your thoughts..I'll keep reading this until I pull the trigger.Thanks

John Sincerbeaux
05-31-2015, 7:51 PM
Of all the tools I have ever bought, the older K Body's are probably the most disappointing.

Jerry Olexa
05-31-2015, 8:05 PM
[QUOTE=John Sincerbeaux;2424441]Of all the tools I have ever bought, the older K Body's are probably the most disappointing.[/QUOTE

John, I had some problems in my early WWing days moving and locking the moving arm on the Besseys..I found the Jets easier to control ..Did you have a similar experience? Thank you..

Mike Heidrick
05-31-2015, 8:06 PM
Get the ones that are the cheapest. I think I have most every type of parallel clamp and all are good to me.

I like them but the Jets require me to use two hands and sometimes that is not convenient. Still like that trigger though.

I prob most prefer my Jorgys.

Jerry Olexa
06-04-2015, 1:30 PM
I bought the clamps...Thanks for your advice....Jerry

Allan Speers
06-05-2015, 12:01 AM
I've never used Revos' either, but you can get rubbery grips for the old ones at Rockler, and they make a huge difference in how easy they are to tighten.

Rick Fisher
06-05-2015, 10:47 AM
I have both and prefer the Revo's .. I just like the rubber grips better... The black slide on pads are just silly to me, no idea where they end up .. The clamps however are excellent.

Jerry Olexa
06-12-2015, 11:53 AM
To close this case, I bought a bunch (over 30) of these "older" Bessey K Body's..Most of them went into my clamp collection and the few remaining I put up for sale and sold in one day....Very happy with them and thanks for your advice, Jerry

Larry Edgerton
06-12-2015, 12:34 PM
I want to save you from making a horrible mistake :-) send me the guys name and address and I'll get all those nasty old clamps out of The used market place. Actually I would pick up any original K body style clamps I could get my hands on. But that's me, I enjoy that style of clamp, it is my favorite clamp. This is not true for everyone.

I have both and agree with Glenn.