PDA

View Full Version : Did Kent Bathurst make it through surgery?

David Ragan
05-30-2015, 6:21 PM
Anybody know if Kent made it through his surgery?

Jim Matthews
05-31-2015, 6:19 AM
Haven't heard yet.

I expect he'll check in when he's well enough.
Orthopedic surgery can lead to post op pain.

Larry Edgerton
05-31-2015, 6:43 PM
Haven't heard yet.

Orthopedic surgery can lead to post op pain.

And Percodan will take care of that nicely.........:p

Hope all is well......

Kent A Bathurst
06-01-2015, 5:47 PM
And Percodan will take care of that nicely.........:p

Hope all is well......

Oxycontin is much better.

Chris Padilla
06-01-2015, 5:55 PM
Lobotomy? :D

Rich Riddle
06-01-2015, 6:36 PM

Kent,

Is it you or your ghost writing? Hope you're feeling better and able to get around well.

David Ragan
06-01-2015, 6:43 PM

That is vintage KB.

Glad to know you made it!

Bob Turkovich
06-01-2015, 7:16 PM

Having recently (i.e., earlier this year) assisted a family member in detoxing from oxycontin, it is now a four-letter word in our family. Get off that stuff as soon as you can.

I have some idea of the pain you're encountering as I had rotator cuff surgery a few years ago. The choice drug then was vicodin. I got off that quickly has I had the same recurring hallucination - someone was breaking into the house and firing a gun at me - I kept raising my arm (the one that had the surgery and was supposed to be kept immobile) to stop the bullets. It sounds like your surgery was more significant than mine yet, you need to be careful of the dependency.

Then again, if you're taking the stuff cause the Tigers were swept by the Angels...

Get well soon.

Larry Edgerton
06-01-2015, 7:55 PM
Lobotomy? :D

The thought did cross my mind that Kent had gone in for a voluntary labotomy so he could better relate to us mere mortals.

Then there is that wig he has been sporting? I'm just saying........

Larry

Kent A Bathurst
06-02-2015, 7:08 PM
The choice drug then was vicodin. I got off that quickly has I had the same recurring hallucination - someone was breaking into the house and firing a gun at me - I kept raising my arm (the one that had the surgery and was supposed to be kept immobile) to stop the bullets. It sounds like your surgery was more significant than mine yet, you need to be careful of the dependency.

bob - no kidding - i had remarkable stuff going on while asleep and in that never-never-land between sleep and awake..........very strange - would suddenly turn to loml and give her the concluding line in a conversation i had been having with 2 other people - and she had no idea, of course, what it was about - ok, because it was a bizarre topic, and they weren't there anyway.........

Mel Fulks
06-02-2015, 7:53 PM
Yep,that's Kent's writing all write. Glad he's back .

Matt Schroeder
06-02-2015, 8:49 PM
bob - no kidding - i had remarkable stuff going on while asleep and in that never-never-land between sleep and awake..........very strange - would suddenly turn to loml and give her the concluding line in a conversation i had been having with 2 other people - and she had no idea, of course, what it was about - ok, because it was a bizarre topic, and they weren't there anyway.........

You mean you thought you were on SMC?

Kent A Bathurst
06-03-2015, 10:24 AM
You mean you thought you were on SMC?

yep; discussing prime/dbl prime v. apostrophe/quote as if the ww world was actually interested...........

that obviously was a drug-induced haze........

HEY !! OUCH !!!

don't hit the guy in rehab............

Matt Schroeder
06-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Obscure topic discussion with people who aren't there pretty much defines off topic and lumber yard threads, right?

Mike Cutler
06-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Kent

Glad to see you're up and about.

I had surgery on the right shoulder 4/6, and am going for the left shoulder on 6/8. It'll be nice to be able to put a shirt on, and tuck it in, without being in pain. :D

Keep up with your PT and go slow my friend.

mike mcilroy
06-03-2015, 8:16 PM
It'll be nice to be able to put a shirt on, and tuck it in, without being in pain. :D

Just having a shirt on that needs to be tucked in causes me pain. No injuries just prefer T shirts.