PDA

View Full Version : Nationally known manufacturer of drinkware for lasering

Colin Jenkins
05-30-2015, 6:00 PM
Looking for a well-known glassware manufacturer that sells drinkware that can be lasered consistently. I have heard a lot about buying from the dollar store or whatever but I'd really like to find a brand that I can order in case quantities that laser well and that I can rely on a consistent supply. We'd like to move into lasered glassware but I'd like to have a good feeling that if I order a case that they will work OK. Our local restaurant supply sells cases only so I can't get a few to try from them.

I know that sand etching is superior in many ways but we could sell lasered glassware. I'll look into sand etching later.

Any recommendation on manufacturers and/or part number for pint glasses, wine glasses and shot glasses that laser well would be what we are looking for.

Scott Shepherd
05-30-2015, 6:38 PM
Marck & Associates

Junior hall
05-30-2015, 11:52 PM
You can these as i bought several cases from the first 2 companys and been happy discountmugs and bulkbarproducts

http://www.discountmugs.com/product/5121cl-1.75-oz.-custom-shot-glasses/

http://bulkbarproducts.com/products/Barconic-Glassware/Shot-Glasses

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=wholesale+shot+glasses&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

David Takes
05-31-2015, 11:27 AM
I buy directly from Libbey. You can't get a more reliable source than the source itself, versus going through one of their distributors. They do have a $500 minimum, so this option only works if you have the sales volume plus the room to store the product.

Marck and Associates is a great company to work with, but their inventory can be a little hit and miss, and product lines and specific products seem to be dropped more frequently than I am comfortable with.

Another option would be Block House headquartered out of a Chicago suburb. They distribute the Arc International line.

Keith Winter
05-31-2015, 12:42 PM
I buy directly from Libbey. You can't get a more reliable source than the source itself, versus going through one of their distributors. They do have a $500 minimum, so this option only works if you have the sales volume plus the room to store the product.

Marck and Associates is a great company to work with, but their inventory can be a little hit and miss, and product lines and specific products seem to be dropped more frequently than I am comfortable with.

Another option would be Block House headquartered out of a Chicago suburb. They distribute the Arc International line.

Hi David,

Which division of Libby are you buying from? We've had a hard time even getting them to call us back in the past. Any special tricks to getting an account setup directly with them?

Michele Welch
05-31-2015, 4:10 PM
Any of the suppliers mentioned above are good ones to try, just remember that glass isn't impossible to do on a laser, but can be hit or miss. I had 3 cases of mugs to do last year that I bought direct from the manufacturer and every single glass was different. I ran them with the same speed/power and they still weren't consistent. That's when I made the executive decision that it's easier to laser the mask and sand engrave them. Not to mention they look so much better using sand to etch than the laser.

David Takes
05-31-2015, 10:07 PM
Keith,

Libbey has a Business to Business division for glass decorators. At one point Libbey grandfathered those companies with decorator accounts and closed off to new decorator accounts. I don't know if that policy loosened up or not with the little dip in the economy a few years ago, just haven't heard one way or the other.

Bruce Clumpner
06-01-2015, 5:41 PM
You can check out restaurant suppliers in your area... We use RW Smith in So Cal. Good pricing, free delivery in the right quantity

Keith Winter
06-01-2015, 9:00 PM
Thanks David. I think it's a lot harder now to get an account with them now. Congrats on getting an account, those are hard to come by!