PDA

View Full Version : pac free vinyl

Kevin Clark2227
05-30-2015, 1:14 PM
I know there are other threads on here about layering vinyl and one should use pvc free vinyl but I am having a hard time finding it. I am needing some for a simple lettering project that I have been charged with doing. I have to do some logos and lettering a some golf carts (3 of them). I was hoping to find some vinyl that I could laser instead of having to purchase a vinyl cutter.

Dang autocorrect. Title should say PVC free

Dan Hintz
05-30-2015, 2:08 PM
Look for polyester-based vinyl...

Jeff Body
05-30-2015, 2:28 PM
There's the right tool for the job and a laser isn't the right tool for something like this.

If you're interested I'd be happy to help you out and cut these graphics and send them to you. It'll save you alot of time and alot of money.

Mike Null
05-30-2015, 8:59 PM
I agree that a vinyl cutter is the tool for the job and they aren't really that expensive.

On the other hand, for small jobs, i have bent the rules and cut vinyl with the laser.

Michele Welch
05-31-2015, 4:24 PM
I'm with Jeff! I'd also be happy to offer my services of cutting the lettering for you. I had a vinyl cutter long before my laser and it still works like a champ. Message me if you'd like any help.

Richard Rumancik
06-03-2015, 10:51 AM
PVC-free vinyl is a bit of an oxymoron (as is polyester-based vinyl.) It should probably be called chlorine-free vinyl or non-chlorinated vinyl. But in reality you probably won't find anything in the sign business that is poly-vinyl with no chlorine. So as others have stated you really need PET, polyester, or MYLAR brand film (they all mean the same thing). I think for clarity it is best to refer to the two types of film as vinyl (sign) film or polyester (sign) film. So search of these 3 terms and you should find something.

Kevin Clark2227
06-03-2015, 12:53 PM
I appreciate all the info and offers, so I just bit the bullet and bought a graphic cutter. It's on its way. I can see many advantages of adding the cutter to my arsenal.