PDA

View Full Version : Friday dumb question

Kev Williams
05-29-2015, 7:27 PM
How do you guys with Chinese lasers turn on the red laser pointer?

According to my Triumph's 'literature', it's supposed to have a red-dot pointer.
If so, how to turn it on? There's no switch that I know of, and of course, nothing about it in what little instructions came with it--

I've lived without it for a year & a half so not a big deal, just got to wondering!

Rich Harman
05-29-2015, 7:46 PM
How do you guys with Chinese lasers turn on the red laser pointer?

Mine comes on whenever I power the machine on. It does not have a switch.

Bert Kemp
05-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Kev if it has a red dot pointer you should be able to see it. It should be mounted on the laser head pointed down towards were the beam comes out do you see it

Kev Williams
05-29-2015, 11:18 PM
IF mine has one, it's not out in the open....

My old ULS's red dot originates from within the laser tube housing somewhere.

My LS900's red pointer is mounted in front of the tube itself, sorta: The mirror assembly at the tube is pretty complex.
It's all within a block of machined aluminum... First there's a shutter, operated by a solenoid. The shutter is a vertical axle
with a flat space with a mirror cemented to it. The shutter is normally 'closed' on a 45° angle, with the laser aiming at the
back of the shutter.

The mirror is now angled between the right side and the rear of the machine. On the back side of the assembly block there's
a white delrin(?) spacer block screwed to it, and the laser pointer is installed in the spacer, pointing towards the front of the machine
(and the shutter mirror).

The red beam hits the shutter mirror, sending the beam to the first main mirror on the right and onward to the lens. When the start
button on the machine is pushed AND the red pointer is off AND the door lock is active, the solenoid 'clacks' and moves
the shutter mirror out of the way, allowing the laser beam a clear path. The shutter is also a failsafe, if it won't open for some reason,
the laser tube is disabled...

ANYWAY..! On the Triumph, I haven't noticed any pointer apparatus in the back with the tube either, but I haven't thought to
look when I HAVE been back there (checking tube wires & water lines)...

Chances are I didn't get a pointer...

Bert Kemp
05-29-2015, 11:26 PM
Now that was a lot of typing for you probably don't have one LOL

IF mine has one, it's not out in the open....

My old ULS's red dot originates from within the laser tube housing somewhere.

My LS900's red pointer is mounted in front of the tube itself, sorta: The mirror assembly at the tube is pretty complex.
It's all within a block of machined aluminum... First there's a shutter, operated by a solenoid. The shutter is a vertical axle
with a flat space with a mirror cemented to it. The shutter is normally 'closed' on a 45° angle, with the laser aiming at the
back of the shutter.

The mirror is now angled between the right side and the rear of the machine. On the back side of the assembly block there's
a white delrin(?) spacer block screwed to it, and the laser pointer is installed in the spacer, pointing towards the front of the machine
(and the shutter mirror).

The red beam hits the shutter mirror, sending the beam to the first main mirror on the right and onward to the lens. When the start
button on the machine is pushed AND the red pointer is off AND the door lock is active, the solenoid 'clacks' and moves
the shutter mirror out of the way, allowing the laser beam a clear path. The shutter is also a failsafe, if it won't open for some reason,
the laser tube is disabled...

ANYWAY..! On the Triumph, I haven't noticed any pointer apparatus in the back with the tube either, but I haven't thought to
look when I HAVE been back there (checking tube wires & water lines)...

Chances are I didn't get a pointer...