PDA

View Full Version : Attention Grizzly G0771 table saw owners

Scott Cenicola
05-29-2015, 8:45 AM
received this email last night.

Dear Valued Customer,

According to our records, you own a Grizzly G0771 10" Hybrid Table Saw.

We recently discovered that the motor pulley on this saw has an over-sized bore, which may prevent the pulley from securing properly to the motor shaft.

During saw operation, an improperly secured motor pulley and its machine key can come off the motor shaft and be thrown with great speed by the rotational force of the motor. If this happens, there is a small chance that the machine key can be ejected through the table opening and strike the operator or bystanders.

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THIS TABLE SAW! Do not use it again until the motor pulley is replaced.

We will soon send you a new motor pulley with step-by-step replacement instructions at no charge to you. Using the included instruction sheet, the motor pulley replacement procedure is easy and can be accomplished in less than 15 minutes-without needing specialized tools or mechanical skills.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but preventing possible injury to yourself or others is our top priority. If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us immediately.

Thanks,

Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

Michael Stein
05-29-2015, 9:25 AM
Got the same email. Just a minor setback to an otherwise great value of a saw.

Wonder how long it will take the get the new pulley? Hoping not very long.

Matty O'Brien
05-29-2015, 12:21 PM
I got the same email. Funny thing is I don't actually have the saw in my possession yet. It is being delivered today! Yes, that's right, I'm typing this with one eye out the window looking for the freight truck... Oh the irony, today is supposed to be new TS day in my shop and there's a part recall, ha.

I called Grizzly, they expect to have the part June 15th and it will ship to owners shortly after.

Bruce Kauffman
06-26-2015, 1:44 PM
FYI

I received my replacement pulley on Tuesday and installed it the same day. As far as the original pulley being oversized, I don't think so. It took some PB Blaster and lots of leverage to get the old one off. In contrast the new pulley just slipped right on. The newer pulley is beefier so I guess that is good and has two set screws instead of one. But if I had known how well the original was on there, I wouldn't of bothered with the replacement.

Shiraz Balolia
06-27-2015, 12:38 PM
It may have been a handful of saws that had those pulleys, but we sent those emails as a precaution and sent out hundreds of pulleys to all the owners as well as replaced all the ones we had in stock.

Great saw, great price and selling lots. Thanks.

scott spencer
06-27-2015, 2:20 PM
It may have been a handful of saws that had those pulleys, but we sent those emails as a precaution and sent out hundreds of pulleys to all the owners as well as replaced all the ones we had in stock.

Great saw, great price and selling lots. Thanks.

Grizzly's CS starts right here.....well done!

daryl moses
06-27-2015, 5:03 PM
Just got back today from vacation and my replacement pulley had arrived.
Truth be known, when I got the e-mail about it I checked mine out and it seems to be ok. I've been using it anyway. I will check it again tomorrow and replace if I see it is necessary.
Thanks Grizzly for being pro-active on an already great saw!!
BTW, the way that the drive belt is adjusted in the manual is incorrect. I contacted Grizzly about the discrepancy and they reaffirmed that it was indeed a misprint, and instructed me how to do it correctly.

Matty O'Brien
06-27-2015, 5:23 PM
I just finished installing the replacement pulley on my saw. My experience was the same as Bruce's, the original pulley was on super snug and required far more force to remove than an over-bored part should. I measured the bore of both orig and replacement and they were almost identical, the bore on the replacement was actually slightly bigger by maybe a couple 1/1000s. The replacement slipped right on. It wasn't a very difficult swap, but I don't think mine needed it.