PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recommend a Chinese die caster?

Ross Moshinsky
05-28-2015, 3:07 PM
I don't do a lot of this work, but we quote something out that needs to be cast probably 20 times a year. It used to be easy work but now my cost is almost the same as the retail price on the net, which means wasting time talking to customers for them to just go online. Right now I'm working with an ASI middleman. I'd like to go directly to the source in China. I get plenty of spam from companies but I'd like to work with someone reputable and reliable. Anyone have a source they'd be willing to share?

Mike Null
05-30-2015, 8:56 PM
Ross

I have no specific recommendations but I have known people who had good luck with Korean suppliers.

Bruce Clumpner
06-01-2015, 5:57 PM
I was hoping Rodney would chime in, since he seems to spend a bit of time shopping in the PRC. Or anyone use Alibaba.com to connect with a foundry? I've also working on a bronze casting project. Any referrals welcome.

Ross Moshinsky
06-01-2015, 7:53 PM
I was hoping Rodney would chime in, since he seems to spend a bit of time shopping in the PRC. Or anyone use Alibaba.com to connect with a foundry? I've also working on a bronze casting project. Any referrals welcome.

I was hoping someone would chime in. I've been cold contacted hundreds of times by companies but I'm not interested in the aggravation of testing vendors out from overseas.

For bronze, you want to contact Gemini. They're our preferred vendor. If they can't do a job, we go to Matthews. Although I haven't dealt with them you can also look at http://www.fusioncast.com/.

Mike Null
06-01-2015, 8:09 PM
+1 on Gemini; Matthews too but higher

Mike Null
06-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Ross

Any chance that spin casting could be used for your application?