PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Do With This?

Julie Moriarty
05-27-2015, 7:28 PM
The picture below represents about 1/4 to 1/3 of the electrical materials I have at home. We're moving soon, probably to Florida, and some of the materials I'll never need there and some I'll probably never use. But I don't want to just throw it away, and I hate doing garage sales.

There's breakers, commercial grade switches, unilets, crows feet, an entire box full of wire nuts, wire marker books, stainless steel coverplates, drywall rings, Bell boxes and conduit fittings, and (6) 400W metal halide lamps. That's just in this picture. There's more in the basement.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab233/jules42651/Electrical/Materials_01_zpsfowztw3t.jpg

What do I do with this? I just want to get rid of it but don't want to throw it out. Any suggestions?

Scott Shepherd
05-27-2015, 7:31 PM
Donate it to a trade school that teaches electricians.

Bruce Pratt
05-27-2015, 7:31 PM
call the local voc tech school - see if they need it for training or could recommend a buyer

Mel Miller
05-27-2015, 7:53 PM
Around here, I would donate it to a Habitat For Humanity Restore.

Art Mann
05-27-2015, 8:11 PM
Around here, I would donate it to a Habitat For Humanity Restore.

Yes! Habitat is the best place I can think of to donate electrical supplies. They won't sell the material at the Re Store if they need it on a home project.

Pat Barry
05-27-2015, 8:12 PM
Any electrician friends? I bet they might want it

Julie Moriarty
05-27-2015, 8:31 PM
I checked with Habitat and they will take pretty much everything. And the ductwork and a whole bunch of other materials I never used around here. Perfect!

Thanks for the suggestions. :)