PDA

View Full Version : Bottles

David Ragan
05-25-2015, 5:31 PM
Where do you all get your plastic storage bottles for made up finishes and solvents?

I would like some with measures on the side.....smaller size, 8 & 16 oz

Evan Patton
05-25-2015, 11:29 PM
I bought several Nalgene bottles at REI. Nice, but not cheap at $6@. They do have markings on the outside.

Charles Taylor
05-26-2015, 9:38 AM
Most of the time I use glass jars, empties from the kitchen or maybe Mason jars bought new from the grocery store. If I were looking for a quantity of graduated plastic bottles, I might look at one of the industrial supply houses like McMaster-Carr, MSC, ULine, etc. I'm pretty sure woodworking sources like Woodcraft and Rockler sell them too, but I wouldn't expect their prices to be competitive.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-26-2015, 9:45 AM
For some things I use recycled glass jars from the kitchen and others my wife buys plastic pour bottles from Walmart. The plastic pour bottles look like those bottles you find in restaurants to pour mustard, catsup or fry sauce.

roger wiegand
05-26-2015, 1:39 PM
Look at containerandpackaging.com (http://www.containerandpackaging.com). Bottles of every sort, a Nalgene-like quart HDPE bottle runs about $1.25, under a buck if you buy a case.

I use canning jars, because I have a million of them and like the wide mouth.

David Ragan
06-20-2015, 7:28 PM
Here are the Rockler bottles, alive and well, with graduations on them, and about half the price of chemistry ones-pretty much the only others with the graduations for measuring. Around $3.50 ea.
Also available in 16 oz. the internet site did not really have the description. These are from Atl retail store.

Larry Frank
06-20-2015, 8:47 PM
Do a search on eBay....I found quite a few.

Stephen Tashiro
06-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Which type of plastic can be used for turpentine? Turpentine (but perhaps not "mineral spirits") eventually eats holes in many types of plastic jars.