PDA

View Full Version : Completed, hung and full of cars

Don Farr
06-04-2003, 12:23 PM
I built this Hot Wheel shelf for my grandson. The only problem is, it only holds about half of his collection.

Oh well, if that was fun so a bigger one will be twice as much fun.

Now lets try the picture thing.

Tom Sweeney
06-04-2003, 12:35 PM
Nice work on the hot wheels holder! I'm sure your grandson loves it. You ought to get him to help you on the one for the second half of his collection - at least with the parts that don't involve spinning sharp objects.

Don Farr
06-04-2003, 12:51 PM
He did help with this project. That's what made it so fun.

Jim Becker
06-04-2003, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by Don Farr
I built this Hot Wheel shelf for my grandson. The only problem is, it only holds about half of his collection.

I see no problem...he still has some wall left... :D

Mike Schwing
06-04-2003, 2:51 PM

Hey I've seen that photo before! Looks great Don.

Charles McKinley
06-04-2003, 3:03 PM
I'm sure that the cabinet and memories of making it will come to mean more to him than the cars inside it. Not to mention the skills that he is learning.

Mark Hulette
06-04-2003, 3:46 PM
Don-
I know when your grandson is older he'll appreciate the time and fun both of you spent on "his" project more than you realize. I wish I had been able to do something similar with my Pa. He could make anything with wood and very few tools.

Hindsight is 20/20

Jim Young
06-04-2003, 3:58 PM
With a display case like that I bet he never gets rid of the cars. Looks realy nice.

Tom Sweeney
06-04-2003, 4:36 PM

Man that's better than any check you'd receive from a paying customer

Kevin Gerstenecker
06-04-2003, 9:14 PM
Very neat idea Don! The Hot Wheels Shelf is a great idea, and it looks awesome with all the cars. The smile on your Grandson's face in the photo pretty much says it all. He would probably give up his cars in a second, but the shelf stays with HIM! Congratulations...............a cherished moment with the Grandkids.............PRICELESS! :D

Lars Thomas
06-04-2003, 10:17 PM
What a great idea. Looks good. I enjoy spending some time with my shop helper too. Lars

Rusty Hughes, Indy
06-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Very Well Done!!

Thanks for sharing with us.

RJ Schuff
06-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Very nice! What did you use for the horizontal shelves?
RJ

Steven J Corpstein
06-05-2003, 10:03 PM
That's what kids are all about, memories. Your project looks great!

Don Farr
06-09-2003, 8:07 AM
RJ
Sorry for the delay on your question. I have been off for a few days and my dial-up at home is useless.

I would like to to say that I hand made each of the shelves, but the truth is I just purchased some 1/4" thick red oak stock and cut to fit.

I do now have a planer and re-saw jig for my BS. So next time I can make my own.