PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0771 TS Opinions?

Matty O'Brien
05-22-2015, 1:47 PM
Hi All, I think this is my very first question in the forums here. Registered a few years ago, but I usually find all the info I need with a quick search... So, thanks in advance for any reply.

The G0771 has been out for a few months now yet there are very few owner reviews of it that I can find. The only video out claims the table is hard to get flat, but the saw fell out of the guy's truck onto the table before set-up so who knows.

Any owners care to share opinions?

Seems like the perfect fit for my small, not so busy basement shop: size/weight, hp rating, cabinet mounted trunnions and price is very good right now. Fence looks like the only downer but maybe it's ok?

Thanks!

scott spencer
05-22-2015, 3:31 PM
There are a handful of owners over at Lumberjocks. The majority of comments are pretty positive. The fence doesn't get high praise, but most don't condemn it either. I do wish they'd offered options with steel wings and a better fence...

Michael Stein
05-22-2015, 3:33 PM
I have seen plenty of discussion on it, for the most part, all positive. I myself do own the saw, and have shared my delight with it on plenty threads (not here). To be brief, I am nothing short of happy with the 0771, "crappy" fence and all.

daryl moses
05-22-2015, 4:24 PM
I purchased one a couple of months ago, so far it has been great. Beats the heck out of my 30 year old Craftsman. The fence isn't a Bessy but it works ok, it's fine for what I use it for.
If I had it to do over again I would purchase it.

Matty O'Brien
05-22-2015, 4:45 PM
Thanks for the replies, looks like this is the one. I've seen comments about the saw here and on other forums, pretty much all positive, just no in-depth reviews, yet.

Anyone have have trouble getting the table flat? The only video out shows the guy drilling bigger holes in the wings to get more wiggle room. Seems rather drastic. But like I said earlier, his saw fell out of a truck bed, so...

daryl moses
05-22-2015, 7:27 PM
Thanks for the replies, looks like this is the one. I've seen comments about the saw here and on other forums, pretty much all positive, just no in-depth reviews, yet.

Anyone have have trouble getting the table flat? The only video out shows the guy drilling bigger holes in the wings to get more wiggle room. Seems rather drastic. But like I said earlier, his saw fell out of a truck bed, so...
My table was perfectly flat.
Yeah, I watched that video as well, things that make ya go hmmmm.
The only thing with mine was when I picked it up at the freight terminal I noticed a large hole in the box. I had them make a note of the damage and took a couple of pics before I uncrated it. Luckily there was no damage.
Enjoy your saw, it's a goodun!!

Matty O'Brien
05-22-2015, 8:22 PM
The trigger has been pulled, the wait begins. Time flies unless you are waiting on a shipment.
Thanks guys.