PDA

View Full Version : SVG Files

Bert Kemp
05-19-2015, 6:40 PM
Could someone explain to me how to download and open an svg file in corel. I use firefox browser and everytime I try down load an svg file it opens IE and saves it as a webpage and when I clic on the icon it just opens that webpage. Thanx for any help.

Dave Sheldrake
05-19-2015, 7:01 PM
right click / save as

Keith Colson
05-19-2015, 8:57 PM
I thought people only used IE to download Firefox or Chrome. I would never use it on the internet unless I wanted trouble as in viruses etc.

Bert Kemp
05-19-2015, 11:09 PM
Keith that the first thing I do when I get a computer, I download Firefox and then chrome, I then delete the IE icon but the browser stays on the computer. For the longest time I had to file my monthly state taxes using IE just a few months ago the state finally upgraded ,now we can use firefox.

I thought people only used IE to download Firefox or Chrome. I would never use it on the internet unless I wanted trouble as in viruses etc.

Keith Colson
05-20-2015, 2:53 AM
Ahh, I see Bert. You can remove the default file association so instead of opening in IE it could default to download or open with Corel etc. I know "save as" works but it can catch you out and I like to set my computers to do what I want. This explains the operation for win7

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-associate-file-type-or-protocol-program

Cheers
Keith

Rich Harman
05-20-2015, 8:32 AM
You should also be able to right click and choose "open file with"...

Bert Kemp
05-20-2015, 11:52 AM
It doesn't give me that option, but it says save picture, and I guess I never tried that because I wanted a vector file. I just now saved the picture and it opened in corel as a vector image.I hate the fact that it always opens IE and it takes 6 weeks for the picture to open. gawd.

Thnx guys I guess I'm set now

You should also be able to right click and choose "open file with"...