PDA

View Full Version : Proud moment for dad!

Steve Ash
08-11-2005, 11:08 AM
My son (25 this Dec.) just purchased 13.3 acres and some house plans. We should start building his house sometime next month! He bought the property on Ash Hwy, and wants us to build his cabinets and trim out of ash..(how fitting with a last name like ours)
I'm glad he is taking this next step in life and I get his old room for my office!:D

Don Baer
08-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Congradulations to both DAD and Son.

scott spencer
08-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a nice chunk of property and a great project. FWIW, I've always loved the look of good ash. Have fun!

John Miliunas
08-11-2005, 1:06 PM
Well, I'd have to say that BOTH, son AND dad have done something really right along the way!:) Sounds like he has hid head screwed on real straight, which in today's younger generation, is a real breath of fresh air! Congrats to both of you!:) Now, just tell me that he too is a Packer fan and the picture is complete!:D :cool:

Steve Ash
08-11-2005, 2:14 PM
Now, just tell me that he too is a Packer fan and the picture is complete!:D :cool:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/gnb.gif
Oh yeah...my whole family are Packer fans. Even my dad would stop the combine long enough during harvest to watch his beloved "Pack" play on TV. Soon as game was over back to the fields.

Vaughn McMillan
08-11-2005, 2:50 PM
Man, when I was 25, something like buying a chunk of land and building a house was WAY far off my radar. Sounds like your son has his head screwed on pretty straight, which indicates he was raised well by good parents. Way to go, all of you.

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
08-11-2005, 3:02 PM
Oh yeah...my whole family are Packer fans. Even my dad would stop the combine long enough during harvest to watch his beloved "Pack" play on TV. Soon as game was over back to the fields.

Way, WAY cool!:) Go Pack!!!:D :cool:

Jerry Olexa
08-11-2005, 5:57 PM
You've both done something right or a lot right. Good for BOTH of you. Good job and Congrats!!! You should be Proud!:D

Karl Laustrup
08-11-2005, 7:55 PM
Steve,
Congratulations. Sounds like a win win for you and your son. I like the idea of using "ASH" where ever possible in the new house.

Aren't you glad your last name isn't "BALSA"? ;) :eek: :D Not sure how balsa cabinets would hold up. :eek: :D

It's almost that time of year again. First real game is only a few weeks away.

Karl

larry merlau
08-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Steve,
Congratulations. Sounds like a win win for you and your son. I like the idea of using "ASH" where ever possible in the new house.

Aren't you glad your last name isn't "BALSA"? ;) :eek: :D Not sure how balsa cabinets would hold up. :eek: :D

It's almost that time of year again. First real game is only a few weeks away.

Karl
hey karl.(BALSA) they wouldnt stand up to steves abuse he's a rough country guy :D and i too think that both have them screwed on straight i have been fortunate to meet both his boys and his dad. they are a FAMILY and are great folks. but you better be ready to get some ribbin when you visit, its never a dull moment.

Jim Young
08-17-2005, 2:40 PM
13 acres, immagine the shop you could build on that site. Then on the other end a shop for the hot rods. Oh, don't forget teh trail for the four wheeler and motorcycle.