PDA

View Full Version : JessEm Table Saw Stock Guide Question?

Andrew Ulsher
05-18-2015, 5:44 PM
Since JessEm's email is defining my address as spam, anyone with a Jessem Table Saw Stock Guide able to tell me the farthest it is able to extend to the left from the fence?

I'm trying to see if I can utilize this with my Incra Wonder Fence in addition to the Table Saw Fence. The manual only states how high it can lift up to manage tall stock.

Thanks!

John Schweikert
05-18-2015, 6:44 PM
I have the saw stock guides mounted on my PCS Premium fence which is a little narrower than Biesemeyer style fences. So with that said, the roller can extend out to about 2-1/4" open space from the fence face. It's possible to get an extra 1/2" with the mounting rod further into the middle of the mount. Hope that helps.

The guides are awesome. After the first use, I knew they were a perfect addition. Jessem has excellent machining.

John Schweikert
05-18-2015, 6:50 PM
Also, I bought my stock guides for $30 less through Lee Valley than buying directly from Jessem.

Robert Chapman
05-18-2015, 9:30 PM
I've been using the JessEm Stock Guides for about six months and really like them for their safety [kick back prevention] and enhanced accuracy of long rip cuts. Worth the price in my opinion.

Bill Neely
05-18-2015, 9:40 PM
I'm thinking about buying a set, I'd like something to insure sheet goods are held tight to the fence. Does it work well for that?

Andrew Ulsher
05-18-2015, 9:50 PM
Im trying to see if I can use it for both the Incra router wonder fence and table saw fence. I have my router table attached to the table saw so I'm hoping I don't need both stock guides if it extends far enough beyond the wonder fence.

julian abram
05-18-2015, 11:20 PM
I have a set and like them real well. They do a good job holding sheet goods tight to the fence, makes ripping a little more comfortable in a one man operation. One small complaint is not being able to use a push stick with the guides deployed but it's very easy to move the guides back on top of the fence if you choose to not use them.