PDA

View Full Version : Neat Little Project

Kurt Aebi
08-11-2005, 9:43 AM
A friend over at the penturner's site made a few replacement handles for those little seam rippers that quilters and other sewers use to remove stitching they don't want and my Mother-In-Law saw them and asked me to make one for her. Well I did it from a small piece of spalted ash that I had lying around to make pen blanks from.

Anyway, the pictures didn'e quite come out as good as I wanted,but they will give you an idea of the project. (I gota setup a photo booth with proper lighting sometime!)

Bob Tate
08-11-2005, 1:47 PM
Hi Kurt, you may be surprised just how good that would come out if you just lay it on your scanner(assuming you have a scanner handy). Beats photography all to pieces for something like this.

Ernie Nyvall
08-11-2005, 7:14 PM
Good idea Kurt. Points with the Mother-in-law.

Ernie

John Hart
08-11-2005, 9:21 PM
Wow...what a cool idea Kurt. You've reminded me that I have to make handles for coin cleaning tools. Another one for the list!!

Dawn Sunkle
08-11-2005, 9:24 PM
Kurt, as I stated over there.. you did a great job. :)
I'm currently gathering some info from my sewing buddies to see what they would like to see in a seam ripper and then going to give it a go myself. I already have the supplies.. just need the time in the garage now.

Dawn