PDA

View Full Version : Re-aliening a new laser tube, thermal paper will not burn.

Bill Reibelt
05-18-2015, 6:08 AM
What a DoDo, Attached the new tube to the laser and placed a sheet of paper (thermal type) on the first mirror as stated in the instructions.
Fired the laser from the program as stated in the instructions, No burn spent App 30 minutes trying to find a burn mark. HAHa found that the thermal paper has two sides one that will burn at 5 and the other will not burn. Learn some thing every day.

Bert Kemp
05-18-2015, 10:21 AM
I don't understand why you need thermo paper at all. The laser puts out a hell of a fire beam, should burn anything you put in front of it. I just use masking tape to do an alignment it burns just fine :D

Richard Rumancik
05-18-2015, 11:13 AM
Bert, some people use the thermal paper because you can use a very low energy beam to make a print. If you are very close to lenses or mirrors you don't want to create fire/smoke or you could damage the optic.

I think the thermal paper is also capable of giving more info as to the actual shape of the beam. But when aligning most people here don't tend to investigate the actual beam shape.

Just the same I am a bit surprised that the intructions say to attach the thermal paper to the mirror surface itself. You would definitely have to be careful to keep the power low as to not cause smoke or a flame.

Bill George
05-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Bert, some people use the thermal paper because you can use a very low energy beam to make a print. If you are very close to lenses or mirrors you don't want to create fire/smoke or you could damage the optic.

I think the thermal paper is also capable of giving more info as to the actual shape of the beam. But when aligning most people here don't tend to investigate the actual beam shape.

Just the same I am a bit surprised that the intructions say to attach the thermal paper to the mirror surface itself. You would definitely have to be careful to keep the power low as to not cause smoke or a flame.

Masking tape is a lot easier to use and come by than thermal paper. Just touch a few times on the sticky side that will go against the mirror so it does not stick to it. Clean residue off with DNA. Or buy a Western machine where the mirrors are aligned to stay put. Even after moving my used ULS laser 300 miles without the tube, re-installed and bingo it worked fine.

Bert Kemp
05-18-2015, 11:31 AM
I use about 7 or 8 pieces of tape placed over the mirror, the mirror is in kinda a frame so the tape sticks to the frame and not the mirror.Just for the record Ray alined my laser in Ohio and I hauled it in the back of my pickup from Middletown ,OH to Phoenix,AZ 1800 plus miles and bounced it out of the truck up the stairs on the deck over the threshold into the house and it worked and was still alined and its still in alinement I just check it on occasion when I seem to be losing power. But its always been dirty lenses and mirrors I clean and everything is good again.

Masking tape is a lot easier to use and come by than thermal paper. Just touch a few times on the sticky side that will go against the mirror so it does not stick to it. Clean residue off with DNA. Or buy a Western machine where the mirrors are aligned to stay put. Even after moving my used ULS laser 300 miles without the tube, re-installed and bingo it worked fine.

Keith Winter
05-18-2015, 3:33 PM
I don't understand why you need thermo paper at all. The laser puts out a hell of a fire beam, should burn anything you put in front of it. I just use masking tape to do an alignment it burns just fine :D

I second masking tape works well

Dave Sheldrake
05-18-2015, 4:15 PM

Targets, engrave (line) RED, Cut BLUE

2mm backboard or masonite

Bert Kemp
05-18-2015, 4:24 PM
Dave what ever that attachment was it set off my antivirus so I dumped it.

Targets, engrave (line) RED, Cut BLUE

2mm backboard or masonite

Dave Sheldrake
05-18-2015, 4:52 PM

Its a zipped DXF Bert, some anti virus programs false flag on dxf files

Jeff Body
05-18-2015, 5:47 PM

Its a zipped DXF Bert, some anti virus programs false flag on dxf files

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/e/e9/Its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141202083121

Dave Sheldrake
05-18-2015, 6:00 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/e/e9/Its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141202083121

Drat foiled in my world take over plan ;)

Bert Kemp
05-18-2015, 10:01 PM

So what just open it in corel??

Bill Reibelt
05-18-2015, 10:46 PM
Advised to use the paper with the 5 ml test fire button within the Retnaengrave 3D program works well. Tanks for the advice on the tape will try it next time.

Bill Reibelt
05-24-2015, 3:48 AM
Redid the whole bed and tube alignment with the process that Bert Kemp sent me and got the beam to fire through the same small spot. all good. Bed a lined all the way across. Thank you all for the info. Dave stop attempting to take over the world Google has done it.
Bill