PDA

View Full Version : Leigh FMT Set-up

Carl Lavigne
05-16-2015, 9:54 AM
Good morning all,

I had done a topic search earlier and read a few posts here where members talked about their FMT set-up. I don't do anything more than to clamp mine to my bench top. So after reading these posts, I became curious and interested in these FMT set-ups. I'd like to see the set-ups you folks have for your FMT. Care to post a few pics to show us and give me some ideas?

Carl

Carl Lavigne
05-18-2015, 10:43 PM
No setups to look at? :confused:

Charles Lent
05-19-2015, 6:36 AM
Setups? My FMT Pro jig is bolted to a strip of 3/4 Birch plywood that is the same length and width as the one I made for my D4R Pro dovetail jig. They are both drilled the same at each end to match threaded inserts in my workbench top, so they both attach to the bench using the same hardware - two 1/4-20 fixture knobs. If I need to use either jig elsewhere, these plywood strips can be clamped to saw horses, deck railings, kitchen cabinets, etc. No pictures - my camera isn't available, but I don't think you need pictures to understand what I've done.

I'm planing to build a box to hold the FMT templates, but the initial idea is as far as I have gone with this.

Charley

John Lanciani
05-19-2015, 6:54 AM
Mine is on a board that fits between two dog holes on my bench. The board has a cleat on the bottom to catch the front of the bench so I just plop it down and clamp it with a couple of holdfasts. It sits on the lower shelf of my bench so I just lift it up and go, quick and easy. All of the templates, bits, and tools are in a cheapy clear organizer box that I got at HF or HD or somewhere.

Carl Lavigne
05-21-2015, 9:23 PM
Lol...well I'm not doing anything different with my jig. I also have it bolted to a piece of 3/4" ply which I clamp to my bench. I had seen where some had made some pretty slick risers or benches to mount it to. I guess I never really put that much thought into it as I was content with it attached to the plywood. The folks who had posted the picks were creative with their approach, probably more so than I would be. I'd still be interested in some pics.

Carl