PDA

View Full Version : Broke my BS blade

John C Bush
05-15-2015, 9:02 PM
I guess I asked a bit too much from my Woodmaster CT!! I was due for a new one soon anyway. Any suggestions on best source for a reasonable price. This has been covered many times before but I didn't need the info then. Need 165"er. Last one was ~~$190 and would like to save a few bucks if possible. Thanks, John.

Erik Loza
05-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Spectrum Supply has always had good pricing.

Jim Wheeler
05-15-2015, 10:52 PM
Why not have the old one silver soldered or brazed back together? It isn't a difficult process for someone who knows how to do it - nor should it be nearly as expensive as buying a new one. Maybe ten or fifteen dollars if you can find someone close by. The results should be as good as new.

Jim

John C Bush
05-16-2015, 12:45 AM
Thanks Eric,
I bet it wouldn't have broken if I had a Minimax 20!!!

Jim, the blade broke in two sections and there were lots of worn and missing carbide teeth. Non-restorable. It's resawn lots of BF and I was using it on some really dense turning blanks. The WM CT have been great performers-- this will be my 4th one. Thanks. JCB

Jim Wheeler
05-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Thanks Eric,
I bet it wouldn't have broken if I had a Minimax 20!!!

Jim, the blade broke in two sections and there were lots of worn and missing carbide teeth. Non-restorable. It's resawn lots of BF and I was using it on some really dense turning blanks. The WM CT have been great performers-- this will be my 4th one. Thanks. JCB

Yup, sounds like time for a replacement.

Jim