PDA

View Full Version : corel X6

Patrick Licata
05-15-2015, 5:25 PM
Hello all,
If I have a corel file with multiple pages and I duplicate or copy and paste on one of the pages, it shows up on all of the pages. Then if I delete it from one of the other pages, it deletes it from all.
I only want it to affect the page I paste to. Is there a setting or way I can do that??
Thanks

Mike Chance in Iowa
05-15-2015, 5:40 PM
Open your Object Manager docker and make sure you are active on the correct page and layer. You might be active on the Master Page

Patrick Licata
05-17-2015, 10:28 AM
Hi Mike,
I opened it, but not sure what shows active or exactly how to work it. Everything looks the same. If I click on say page contents, it highlights it in the manager. But, it also highlights it on the main page in manager so I'm not sure what's what. If I open a new blank document and start fresh, it seems to work ok, (from the one line I tried). But if I copy from the saved file and paste into a new blank file, then add a page, I get the same duplication. Maybe there are settings somewhere that cause this??
Thanks

Scott Shepherd
05-17-2015, 10:50 AM
Is it by chance outside the workspace? If you have an object outside the workspace and you create new pages, it'll show up on all pages. If you delete it from any page, it deletes it from all. However, if you draw it into the workspace, it will be associated with that page.

Not sure if that's the issue you are having or not.

Patrick Licata
05-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Scott,
That's one of the dumbest things I've heard, from a Corel standpoint, NOT from you! You sir, hit the nail on the head. The copy/pasted items were outside of my document size (even though they were on the screen), and once I started moving them within the document, they disappeared from the other pages.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Patrick