PDA

View Full Version : this is crazy

Bert Kemp
05-15-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm trying to engrave a box top with this saying and it won't load to lasercut, I keep getting print module error.
WHY??????? I've done many similar engravings so what am I doing wrong. I've saved and resaved this many time and stiil same thing Isave as A dxf import to lasercut 5.3 and wham it won't load I have x5 .313653

very frustrating when you done it before and now it doesn't work

Just did a different font and it worked fine so whats up with the other?

Kev Williams
05-15-2015, 12:08 PM
I can't open your file, I'm using X4...

anyway- Every so often in Corel I run into weird graphics that are outlined pink, or won't close and paint correctly, or print correctly, or some other issue. I'm not all that savvy on the object manager, but trying to make changes with it usually doesn't help either.

What I do that does help, is I just group my 'problem', copy it, then open a new page and paste it there. Almost always the issues disappear...All I can suggest is to try it.

Ron Gosnell
05-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Hi Bert,
Try and convert your text to curves in corel and export again. It may be a font problem.

Gozzie

Mike Null
05-15-2015, 12:26 PM
Bert

I can't offer any help with the files but if that is your artwork you may want to look at the ampersand as it doesn't math the font.

Bert Kemp
05-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Yes the font has a stupid icon for that so I changed fonts for the ampersand, is that the problem 2 dif fonts

Bert

I can't offer any help with the files but if that is your artwork you may want to look at the ampersand as it doesn't math the font.

Bert Kemp
05-15-2015, 12:37 PM
I Just tried that still no good

Hi Bert,
Try and convert your text to curves in corel and export again. It may be a font problem.

Gozzie

Bert Kemp
05-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Kev Ijust tried that and it almost worked but hung up half way thru. LOL

I can't open your file, I'm using X4...

anyway- Every so often in Corel I run into weird graphics that are outlined pink, or won't close and paint correctly, or print correctly, or some other issue. I'm not all that savvy on the object manager, but trying to make changes with it usually doesn't help either.

What I do that does help, is I just group my 'problem', copy it, then open a new page and paste it there. Almost always the issues disappear...All I can suggest is to try it.

Bert Kemp
05-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks guys I'm just gonna use a different font it must be the odd ampersand 2 other fonts load and work fine.

Bill George
05-15-2015, 1:33 PM
Once again, opened fine in X6. The font properties came up as Arial? Exported as a DXF AutoCAD Rel 14, text filled as curves, and Imported into my Chinese laser software. Set the Yellow frame as a Vector cut and Text as Raster Engrave and it all was fine, in Simulate mode.

Bert Kemp
05-15-2015, 3:09 PM
For some reason I just get the spinning wheel and it never loads when I clic out it says print module error

Once again, opened fine in X6. The font properties came up as Arial? Exported as a DXF AutoCAD Rel 14, text filled as curves, and Imported into my Chinese laser software. Set the Yellow frame as a Vector cut and Text as Raster Engrave and it all was fine, in Simulate mode.

Bill Reibelt
05-18-2015, 6:13 AM
Bert I have had my laser do this to me a couple of times and I shut the laser down and reboot and it goes away, I think the printer setup does not completely clear and causes a fault.
Bill

Milazim Zeka
05-18-2015, 6:33 AM
is that maybe, that the text is as hairline, and you mast have some thicker lines, or you have the settings vector and not to raster.

Bert Kemp
05-18-2015, 10:08 AM
I'll try that next time it happens Bill Thnx
Whats really weird is if I just do the text it works, soon as I add the butterflies it messes up or the yellow boarder .I made 3 pages and did each page separate and I got the job done but what a pain.First engrave the text, then close lasercut then import the butteefly and then the cut line weird. Most everything I've done I have it all in one and just set the settings for each color. GOT ME:confused:

Bert I have had my laser do this to me a couple of times and I shut the laser down and reboot and it goes away, I think the printer setup does not completely clear and causes a fault.
Bill