PDA

View Full Version : NICE-CUT Laser Engraver

Roy Sanders
05-14-2015, 7:38 PM
Hello I just became a member because of the thoughtful and helpful posts I read. SO,
Does anyone own a NICE CUT Laser Engraver? I have a NC4060 40 watt. I barely know how to use the corellaser software that was sent. Especially for engraving. I have yet to successfully engrave anything. My wish is to engrave ink pens I turn. I had two orders, one for 5 pens and one for 3. Well in the midst of get them done, my Limit Switch on the gantry bar broke.

It is the one that stops the laser head at home, top left. Now it just goes to top then to the right until it hits the right side, then chatters until i turn the thing off. China stated that i can buy one "anywhere" yet they have no part number.

Does anyone have an idea where i might purchase this part, and what brand or pt number to use?

Thank you

Roy :o

Bill George
05-14-2015, 8:06 PM
Hello I just became a member because of the thoughtful and helpful posts I read. SO,
Does anyone own a NICE CUT Laser Engraver? I have a NC4060 40 watt. I barely know how to use the corellaser software that was sent. Especially for engraving. I have yet to successfully engrave anything. My wish is to engrave ink pens I turn. I had two orders, one for 5 pens and one for 3. Well in the midst of get them done, my Limit Switch on the gantry bar broke.

It is the one that stops the laser head at home, top left. Now it just goes to top then to the right until it hits the right side, then chatters until i turn the thing off. China stated that i can buy one "anywhere" yet they have no part number.

Does anyone have an idea where i might purchase this part, and what brand or pt number to use?

Thank you
Roy :o

Hi Roy, I would go back to where I purchased and order one. Did you buy direct or off eBay? Most of the Chinese lasers use more or less the same parts. Is it red and black and have either a plain arm or roller arm? I would send you to your local Radio Shack to get one, but most of those are closed. You did not give your location, but eBay is all over, I would check on there for a Micro switch.
PS My Chinese laser came with a spare parts kit and I think there was two inside. Did you check to see if yours came with spares?

George M. Perzel
05-15-2015, 4:04 AM
Roy;
Your limit switch may still be OK-check the metal tab on the head which triggers the limit switch. After awhile, it gets bent and chattering results. Bend it back straight and you should be good to go.
Good Luck
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Roy Sanders
05-16-2015, 8:20 AM
Thank you both. I am in process of taking the gantry off to check. I bought it direct because i could get a bigger machine for the same price as eBay. I learned a lot about importing too. like what to do when it gets stuck in customs :confused: I talked with china through Skype and thought it would be under warranty. China works differently. :eek:

I will first look at the tab.

like is said, thoughtful and helpful posts, thanks

Roy

Bill George
05-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Thank you both. I am in process of taking the gantry off to check. I bought it direct because i could get a bigger machine for the same price as eBay. I learned a lot about importing too. like what to do when it gets stuck in customs :confused: I talked with china through Skype and thought it would be under warranty. China works differently. :eek:
I will first look at the tab.

like is said, thoughtful and helpful posts, thanks

Roy

Roy when I got my Chinese machine it had a wire looped behind the X switch arm so it could not work. I moved the wire out and slightly readjusted the arm. But If you can see its broken just replace it. You can find them on eBay all the time and its less than $5, and two screws to remove and replace.

Do a Search for micro switch on eBay, look for eBay item number: 400513261750 Its exactly what my spare is pictured below.

George M. Perzel
05-16-2015, 3:18 PM
Roy;
I,m not sure what kind of limit switch you have but the kind I referenced is magnetic and actuated by the metal tab. PM me if you need a pic.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts