PDA

View Full Version : Dave Somers

Bert Kemp
05-13-2015, 1:49 PM
Has anyone heard from Dave lately. I pm ed him a while back to check on him got no reply. He got his toys I just hope he's so busy he hasn't got time to be here .

John Bion
05-13-2015, 2:39 PM
Been wondering exactly the same thing :)

Dave Sheldrake
05-13-2015, 5:36 PM
John, Dave is on my facebook, I'll go msg him

Bert Kemp
05-15-2015, 10:07 PM
so did you get a message back

Dan Hintz
05-17-2015, 1:16 PM
John, Dave is on my facebook, I'll go msg him

I looked for you on FB, but none of the profiles had the same smile, so I gave up...

Scott Shepherd
05-17-2015, 1:23 PM
I looked for you on FB, but none of the profiles had the same smile, so I gave up...

Dan, just search for "Crazy Cat Lady with 27 Cats" and Dave should show up in the top 5 :D He has more cats than lasers :p

Dave was here every day, then he retired and we haven't seen him :( We miss Dave!

Bert Kemp
05-17-2015, 2:17 PM
I did a white pages search for him in Seattle,WA area tried one number it was disconnected.

Dave Sheldrake
05-17-2015, 2:38 PM
I use my middle name as a first name on facebook :) "Dalton"

and you can't miss my avatar :)

Bert Kemp
05-17-2015, 3:53 PM
Yea but I know where you are were looking for Dave Somers:p and you wouldn't catch me dead on facebook to many nosy people that can't leave your private life alone:mad:

Dave Sheldrake
05-17-2015, 4:21 PM
Mailed Dave on his private email..no reply as yet, I have his number so if no luck I'll give him a call :)

Bert Kemp
05-17-2015, 5:04 PM
Yea thought I had his number but can't find it:confused:
Mailed Dave on his private email..no reply as yet, I have his number so if no luck I'll give him a call :)

Mike Null
05-17-2015, 9:50 PM
I believe Dave said he had a sailboat. Maybe he's celebrating retirement with a cruise.

Dan Hintz
05-18-2015, 10:20 AM
I use my middle name as a first name on facebook :) "Dalton"

and you can't miss my avatar :)

You know how long it's going to take me to remember this "Dalton" guy is really this other "Dave" guy I know from somewhere else?!!

Bert Kemp
05-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Dalton who's that? oh that's the bouncer in Roadhouse:eek:

Dave Sheldrake
05-18-2015, 10:34 AM

hahaha I used to get it all the time "I thought you'd be bigger" as in the quote from the film :)

Bert Kemp
05-18-2015, 10:42 AM
yea I should have said that wasn't quick witted enough at this early hour LOL
hahaha I used to get it all the time "I thought you'd be bigger" as in the quote from the film :)

Dan Hintz
05-18-2015, 10:52 AM

That's scary.. 'cause it's the first thing that popped into my head when I read the name.

Dave Sheldrake
05-18-2015, 11:22 AM
You gits

I hate you :)

just accepted friends request Dan :)

Bert Kemp
05-18-2015, 11:33 AM
and how tall RU :D
You gits

I hate you :)

just accepted friends request Dan :)

Dave Sheldrake
05-18-2015, 6:37 PM
6'4 :)

I will try to pop onto Sawmill soon and say hey to folks. It will be pretty haphazard for a while longer though until I can clear up more time to deal with those two new toys and feel like I am contributing from at least a smidgeon of experience.

Good to hear from you!!!!

Dave

Dave is good, just got email from him and this was the last couple of lines :)

Bert Kemp
07-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Still have not heard from Dave Somers. Has anyone been in touch with him?? gessh he was on here every day before he retired now poof he's gone:confused:

John Bion
07-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Still have not heard from Dave Somers. Has anyone been in touch with him?? gessh he was on here every day before he retired now poof he's gone:confused:

I was thinking exactly the same last night!

Scott Shepherd
07-28-2015, 10:55 AM
I guess when someone's paying you to surf online, it's a lot more tempting than doing it on your own time ;)

Bert Kemp
07-28-2015, 1:35 PM
I find it really disturbing that he hasn't checked in and at least said Hi. He's got 2 new machines and I would also think he'd let us know how their doin. Hope he's OK:confused:

Roy Sanders
07-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi

I have no idea who Dave is, I do offer my prayerful thoughts; those of you who know him and care is all I need to know to share your concern. I wish for someone to locate him, or he checks in soon.

Roy

Dave Sheldrake
07-30-2015, 6:44 PM
I'll ping him an email and check his facebook :)

Bert Kemp
07-30-2015, 6:58 PM
I've sent him emails and PM's I don't do FB , I'm gonna have to take a bike ride to Seattle LOL:)

I'll ping him an email and check his facebook :)

Mike Chance in Iowa
07-30-2015, 8:43 PM
I'm gonna have to take a bike ride to Seattle LOL:)

Go for it Iron Butt :cool:

Bert Kemp
07-30-2015, 9:11 PM
Iron Butt 1.5:eek: 1414.9 mi, 19 hr 9 min driving from my house;)

Go for it Iron Butt :cool:

Mike Chance in Iowa
07-30-2015, 9:38 PM
Iron Butt 1.5:eek: 1414.9 mi, 19 hr 9 min driving from my house;)

Take the scenic route and turn it into a Bun Burner GOLD.

Mike Null
07-31-2015, 7:05 AM
You're going to have to rig that Harley with pontoons. My guess is that Dave is taking a summer cruise on his boat.

John Bion
07-31-2015, 8:33 AM
You're going to have to rig that Harley with pontoons. My guess is that Dave is taking a summer cruise on his boat.

My thoughts too, especially as he has not answered e-mails from any of us. Hoping it is a great trip for them with sunny beaches and calm seas :)

Bert Kemp
07-31-2015, 12:27 PM
Harley OMG a Harley would never make it that far:eek: This will make it.318701 DXon't get me wrong I love Harleys just not on a long Trip LOL

John Bion
07-31-2015, 12:49 PM
Harley OMG a Harley would never make it that far:eek: This will make it.318701

Wow that was quick, I see you have already started fitting colour coded pontoons... :)

Scott Shepherd
07-31-2015, 1:08 PM
Harley OMG a Harley would never make it that far:eek: This will make it.318701

I hope that's not the one you've been taking to the shop for the last 6 months that they can't seem to get fixed :)

Bert Kemp
07-31-2015, 2:05 PM
Yes it is and the problem was something the previous owner wired in to the electrical system. They rewired the bike back to OME Put in brand new headlights and passing lamps and has been running flawlessly for the past 4000 miles I put on in June and July. I would not hesitate to go cross country on it now. or to go Find Dave.
The Bike always got me were I wanted to go just no lights sometimes :D

I hope that's not the one you've been taking to the shop for the last 6 months that they can't seem to get fixed :)

Bert Kemp
07-31-2015, 2:06 PM
yes and I'm rigging it with an 85 HP yamaha outboard just in case he is out on the boat.

Wow that was quick, I see you have already started fitting colour coded pontoons... :)

Scott Shepherd
07-31-2015, 2:30 PM
I would not hesitate to go cross country on it now. or to go Find Dave.
The Bike always got me were I wanted to go just no lights sometimes :D

You have your mission then, go find Dave :) Don't make us send someone to find you, finding Dave ;)

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
07-31-2015, 4:15 PM
Bert,

If you were a "Real" biker, you'd be in Sturgis now. 300,000 here now and the event doesn't even start until Monday. A picture of my corner downtown:

Bert Kemp
07-31-2015, 6:23 PM
Bob This year I did To Broke for Sturgis at Mormon Lake AZ, But in the past I've rode from NH to Sturgis a few times , visited , Crazy Horse and Mt Rushmore out to Hewlett for no Panties Wednesday, on to Devils Tower, on to Cody and Wild Bills Irma Saloon, thru Yellowstone, Jackson Hole and The Grand Tetons. Over 5000 miles and 14 days. The Bike I just retired I put 168000 in 9 years. Rode in in 38 states 4 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. Been to 40 Bike Weeks at the Weirs in Laconia NH and the Race's at Loudon. Couple in Sturgis, 5 in AZ, Never had the desire to go to Daytona. I've had 5 Previous Bikes and I always average 15 to 20 K a year. I know I'm not a BIKER :p:Dbut I do OK. I doubt there's many that have been to the place's I've been on a bike. I feel very lucky that I've been able to ride to the places I've been to. I probably will never walk into your shop during bike week but don't be surprised if I walk into you store some other time. I've had my fill of the crowds and over priced souvenirs.

Mike Chance in Iowa
07-31-2015, 6:27 PM
Bert,

If you were a "Real" biker...

You mean all those people on parked bikes and sitting around posing for pictures and talking about riding?? Type louder Bob ... it's hard to read with all those pipes in the background. ;)

A "real" biker gets out on their bike and rides ... and better yet ... takes it out on the track! :D

Have a great weekend Bob. Looks like you'll have a busy one.:cool:

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
07-31-2015, 8:06 PM
Bert and Mike,

I gave up touring on motorcycles when I achieved old age. But I still have a Burgman 650 to get around during the Rally. But I don't get much respect from my fellow bikers, lol.

Bob

Bert Kemp
07-31-2015, 8:49 PM
Bob Old age whats that, I'm going on 66 am I there yet?:D

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
07-31-2015, 10:04 PM
Bob Old age whats that, I'm going on 66 am I there yet?:D

Yeah, sorry to break the news but that's pretty ancient. Haha, just kidding, 60 is the new 40, don't you watch The View?

Bert Kemp
08-06-2015, 8:21 AM
so your just a young boy of 60 huh

Bill George
08-06-2015, 8:42 AM
When you reach a certain age when riding motorcycles you start having those close encounters, even if you are watching for mister stupid driver you forget. That's Gods way of telling you its time to just park it.

Having said that, and I've been riding since I was 14 or so, I now have a Yamaha Zuma 125 scooter that allows me to ride yet takes the shifting and clutch out of the equation. Plus I avoid busy streets and intersections.

Roy Sanders
08-08-2015, 9:35 AM
Hello group

I have no idea who Dave is, nonetheless, my concert hit again today when I noticed no news yet. Has he surfaced?

Scott Shepherd
08-08-2015, 9:41 AM
Roy, Dave was the glue that held this section together! He was a staple here for a while. He didn't own a laser, but wanted to buy one when he retired, so he came here to learn. He ended up being the teacher more often than the student. He helped anyone and everyone, would search out answers to posts and reply back to them, and never once complained. He's a super nice guy, very friendly, and he had ordered his laser and a CNC router, it got here, was stuck at the port in a Union strike or something, so he was just waiting for it to get released. At that point, he disappeared. He retired as well.

He's greatly missed by this forum.

Mike Null
08-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Besides all the things you mentioned, he is, by profession, a computer nerd. And again, very helpful to those of us who know his secret.

Bill George
08-08-2015, 12:47 PM
We can only hope that he is so busy with his new toys and retirement that checking in here is too time consuming.

Bert Kemp
08-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Really odd he hasn't checked in at all:(

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-09-2015, 5:25 PM
Dave has a great imagination, so my theory is he came from another galaxy far away to study our ancient woodworking technologies and social/communication skills. In order to blend in with the forum, he shared his woodworking knowledge he gained through youtube. He was re-assigned to study all of earth & mankind's religious and political agenda's from the beginning of time to it's current state and he thought to himself "How can they not understand how it's such a simple solution to gain total peace, harmony & health?" He promptly retired from his job, dashed through a portal to his home planet, and is enjoying spending time with the love of his life ... and has fond memories in a hobby room for his primitive earth toys including such things as lathes and lasers.