PDA

View Full Version : New to the engraving world

Joe Lemere
05-13-2015, 1:42 PM
Hi Folks

I make jewelry and other things out of metal, glass, and wood. I thought a laser engraver might be a good addition. I've been reading this forum for a while and now that my machine is here I figured it was time to jump and say hello :)

I purchased a Boss Laser LS-1630, 60 watt laser, with the CW-3000 chiller, as well as both rotary tools. It came with RDWorksV8. So far, so good. I have RDWorks installed on a 64-bit Vista machine and it talks to the laser perfectly. (I wonder if it will run in Wine under Linux?)

I couldn't afford an Epilog or Trotec right now. And I really didn't want to buy a Chinese laser. Boss seems to have good support and they answered all of my questions over several phone calls. And the price was good.

Anyways, no questions today but I'm sure I'll be a pest before long. Everyone have a great day!

Bert Kemp
05-13-2015, 1:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Joe and I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions in the future, and I'm pretty sure you'll find the answers here we have lots of very smart people when it comes to lasers. I'm still learning like you and these guys help a lot. Good luck with your new laser.:)

Hi Folks

I make jewelry and other things out of metal, glass, and wood. I thought a laser engraver might be a good addition. I've been reading this forum for a while and now that my machine is here I figured it was time to jump and say hello :)

I purchased a Boss Laser LS-1630, 60 watt laser, with the CW-3000 chiller, as well as both rotary tools. It came with RDWorksV8. So far, so good. I have RDWorks installed on a 64-bit Vista machine and it talks to the laser perfectly. (I wonder if it will run in Wine under Linux?)

I couldn't afford an Epilog or Trotec right now. And I really didn't want to buy a Chinese laser. Boss seems to have good support and they answered all of my questions over several phone calls. And the price was good.

Anyways, no questions today but I'm sure I'll be a pest before long. Everyone have a great day!

Tim Bateson
05-13-2015, 2:08 PM
Welcome to Sawmill Creek Joe, You'll find a real wealth of information here.

Keith Winter
05-13-2015, 3:54 PM
Welcome Joe!

Ron Gosnell
05-13-2015, 6:37 PM
Howdy from Arkansas

Gozzie

Wilbur Harris
05-13-2015, 9:05 PM
Welcome !

(And a few more words so I can post this)

Paul Williams from Nunavut
05-16-2015, 5:23 PM
Welcome to the club, Joe. Hope you find all you need here. I certainly have.

George M. Perzel
05-16-2015, 6:22 PM
Hi Joe;
Welcome to the Creek.
You mentioned that you didn't want to buy a Chinese laser- sooo why did you??
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Joe Lemere
05-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Yer right :) I know where mine comes from. And I stated my reasons.

Michael Gonzales
05-18-2015, 3:04 AM
Welcome Joe. This has been a great place for me to learn from and I hope it will be for you too. There are just an amazing amount of helpful people out here.
Mike g