PDA

View Full Version : Generous Creeker: Brian Holcombe

Prashun Patel
05-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Shout out to Brian H. I had a chance to tour his shop yesterday and see some of the furniture he's made.

His woodworking and picture taking ability are surpassed only by the cleanliness of his shop. He works on carpet, no less.

His shop and tools and craftsmanship were immaculate. It was a real treat to see his space and the projects he's working on.

Thanks for fielding a bunch of questions and allowing me some oohs and ahhhs.

If you ever decide to teach a skills course, please let me know. I'll be first in line.

Hope to do it again soon.
pp

Brian Holcombe
05-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words! It was my pleasure having you visit the shop.

James Pallas
05-13-2015, 7:31 PM
Hmmm eyewitness report. Prashun I hope you kept your hands in your pockets and didn't touch anything. Just kidding around. Brian does very nice work and if his shop space makes it comfortable for him to do that work all is well. Brian's coverage of his work is great, good explainations, great photos and very well thought out and built projects.
Jim

Jim Matthews
05-13-2015, 9:12 PM
Best part of wading in the Creek, everybody that's been here awhile sharing the water. Contrast that to surfers!

Malcolm Schweizer
05-14-2015, 12:06 AM
Is it true that he woodworks in a sport coat?

Jim Matthews
05-14-2015, 7:06 AM
I heard that there are occasionally pants or Mukluks, but not both.

Brian Holcombe
05-14-2015, 8:01 AM
Is it true that he woodworks in a sport coat?

I heard that there are occasionally pants or Mukluks, but not both.

Both covered in the pre-tour nondisclosure agreement. :cool:

Prashun Patel
05-14-2015, 8:02 AM
He simultaneously inspired and depressed me. If he can be that prolific yet neat and organized there's no excuse for me. His tool arsenal was impressive but efficient. He didn't have 50 planes, just a few amazing ones.

bob blakeborough
05-14-2015, 10:56 AM
He simultaneously inspired and depressed me. If he can be that prolific yet neat and organized there's no excuse for me. His tool arsenal was impressive but efficient. He didn't have 50 planes, just a few amazing ones.My father was like that... Was an incedible mechanic who worked hard and long hours and would work for two or three days in the same pair of jeans and white t-shirt and never get dirty and his 3 bay shop was always so clean you could eat off the floor. If ever on the rare occasion did get grease or oil on his shirt or jeans he would go and change. If the floor got crap on it he would stop and clean before proceeding. I have his tools from the 50's until he quit wrenching in the 90's and most still look almost new... Cleanliness and precision was the same of his game. That and a little OCD issues... lol