PDA

View Full Version : Kreg - Great Customer Service

glenn bradley
05-13-2015, 11:03 AM
I had an opportunity to pick up a Kreg Portable Drill Guide Base and a standard Drill Guide Block. I really just wanted the base for my Micro Drill Guide Block but, landed a deal. Low and behold the Drill Guide Block did not have the marks cast into the side that you register with the base to help in setting depth/material thickness. I have always used the mini and some other "loose" jig so I am well versed in setting the depth without the full jig and stops however, it seemed odd so I dropped Kreg a line.

I got a response the same day stating that they would be sending me a new block and that they were sorry for any inconvenience, blah, blah, etc. etc. You can't really ask for more than that but, I just got another email letting me know that the guide had shipped, when to expect it and was there anything else they could do to make me happy!?! As always, I like to share when a company does well. Its much more satisfying than grousing when they do poorly ;-)

Ken Fitzgerald
05-13-2015, 11:29 AM
It's great when you pay for quality and service ....and receive it!

Frederick Skelly
05-13-2015, 7:59 PM
Thanks for letting us know Glenn. This kind of feedback's always useful.
Fred

Reinis Kanders
05-13-2015, 8:16 PM
I just used kreg HD to make some Krenov style sawhorses from 2x4s. I suddenly needed a pair, and I could have mortised and all that, but pocket screws are just so convenient. Beats Domino for sure in cost/performance. Kreg HD are almost like lag bolts.

Von Bickley
05-13-2015, 8:51 PM
I have several Kreg products and I can honestly say that I am a "Kreg Guy"...... :) :) :)

Bruce Wrenn
05-13-2015, 8:57 PM
Nothing but the best from Kreg.A friend, years ago bought an A-2 (the aluminum one) which somehow didn't get the relief holes. Kreg sent him a complete jig jig, clamp, bits and drivers. iI bought his old one and converted it to a front clamp. I dropped my R-3 and broke clamp retaining pad. Called Kreg, and they sent a complete R-3. As a side note, check HD online for replacement bits and screws. Basically half price when I bought recently. Ship to store for free