PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help get a cnc laser running ?

Ray Nikkel
05-12-2015, 3:52 PM
I just picked up a chinese laser (Foison 1290 no longer in biz) It had a new control board installed, it went from 6515 to 6525. It came with a software CD with tons of files and I have no idea how to instal the software or control card as the instructions are chinese. The software is lasercut 5.0 and I assume the files for the control card would be for the 6515.
I currently have Windows XP 32 bit and I believe that is the only system it instals to however if possible I would like to change my OS to windows 7 Pro.
Im asking for lots because I am not great with computers and need someone who can talk slow and dummy it down for me.

Scott Shepherd
05-12-2015, 4:05 PM
Ray, I moved this to the laser section. You'll probably get more help there as there are many people with Chinese lasers in that section of the forum.

Dave Sheldrake
05-12-2015, 5:06 PM
(deep breath)

Ok....what state are you currently at?

(ie: what is the status of where you are, is the machine plugged in, software, dongle,hardware...just about ll you can think of, it will make it a lot easier to help)

What country are you in?

pictures are always useful...lots of pictures

Ray Beaty
05-12-2015, 5:26 PM
How do you get to the laser section? Thanks

Gary Hair
05-12-2015, 5:57 PM
Click at the top of this screen where it says "Engravers Forum"

Bill George
05-12-2015, 6:58 PM
Good luck Ray, you've picked a task that even experienced users would have problems with.

Bert Kemp
05-12-2015, 7:36 PM
I don't know your machine or if this will help at all but Rabbit Laser USA has a ton of manuals on lasercut and firmware installation. You might take a look and see if theres anything there that can help.

Ray Nikkel
05-13-2015, 9:05 AM
Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out how the forum works. Like I said, not great with computers.

Ray Nikkel
05-13-2015, 9:08 AM
I'm actually asking on this forum because all my searches for online info lead me back to this forum. I did go to rabbit and bookmarked it. They seem to have lots of files I may need but no idea what ones I need. I have years of experience with epilogue lasers but never had to deal with this.

Ray Nikkel
05-13-2015, 9:20 AM
I'm in Manitoba Canada. I picked up the machine from a friend who bought it from foison. They are no longer in biz so couldn't offer support so I got it cheep. I brought it home and it's sitting in my shop. I need to run a 220v to it and I am putting a ten foot ground rod in the ground to hook to it. I don't know how to add pictures on the forum but can email them.
I have two dongels that came with the machine, not sure what one is the right one.
It has a water chiller, fan and small compressor. It's a 80watt reci 1290 bed. It came with laser cut 5.0
The guy I got it from said he put a new leetro 6525 in it and it worked if he put files direct into the machines usb but would not communicate with computer software. I assume from my research this is a firmware compatibility issue.

Dave Sheldrake
05-13-2015, 9:35 AM
Hiya Ray,,

It likely is a firmware missmatch

if you want to email me direct feel free

dave@opticalpower.co.uk