PDA

View Full Version : AC in the workshop.

Neville Stewart
05-11-2015, 2:33 PM
I've been working in a non AC workshop ( metal bldg )since I've been in Texas and its grueling in the summer for sure. I've been contemplating an office inside that I would AC for a bit of comfort. I then read that the ideal operating temp of a Trotec is about 75 dgs, which means my idea of AC is a necessity now. I've been running a Chinese laser with chiller for years. Thought I'd mention it as I hadn't considered it an issue till I looked at the Trotec specs. I guess that office will now have to be bigger and I also have to consider air displacement.

Chris DeGerolamo
05-11-2015, 2:48 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier to move somewhere cooler? :D

Neville Stewart
05-11-2015, 2:57 PM
Austin is pretty cool :), except when it's not.

Keith Winter
05-11-2015, 5:24 PM
I've been working in a non AC workshop ( metal bldg )since I've been in Texas and its grueling in the summer for sure. I've been contemplating an office inside that I would AC for a bit of comfort. I then read that the ideal operating temp of a Trotec is about 75 dgs, which means my idea of AC is a necessity now. I've been running a Chinese laser with chiller for years. Thought I'd mention it as I hadn't considered it an issue till I looked at the Trotec specs. I guess that office will now have to be bigger and I also have to consider air displacement.

I think it could potentially void your tube warranty if you run it say in 90-100 degree weather. Seems like that was something the Trotec guys told me when we got ours. Might check into that if you're getting one.

Mike Clarke
05-11-2015, 11:02 PM
http://www.troteclaser.com/en-US/Laser-Machines/Accessories/Options/Pages/Water-Cooling.aspx

That way at least your laser can be happy even if you are sweating miserably.